First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply CR could really use a "Watch Together" Function
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

riverjustice wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


munchthis wrote:

they did have something like this some odd years back, there was a live chat with people watching the same thing as you. it was scrapped fairly quickly as not many used it.


I remember it being the opposite. I remember them scrapping the live chat because of how tolling it was to their servers at the time.


What do you have against trolling?


87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/5/17
Would boost the use of the free 2 week trial you get every month so that in the end giving way more revenue to the promotion.
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 8/5/17
Just use Discord or some other chat service and press play at the same time. There's even software you can use to make it play at the same time if you want so nobody is before or after someone else
One Punch Mod
99295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

Klaleara67 wrote:

Not only would I massively use this function with a bunch of my friends for all the newest shows. I can't imagine the popularity it would have if it was allowed with Twitch. I know plenty of streamers that would eat this feature up, and once a week or something watch their favorite shows with everyone.

Make it so only premium users can use it or something, I'm certain it would massively increase the amount of users on premium if they could watch anime with their favorite streamer. Let alone people who just want to be easily sync'd with friends.


Moved this to the Suggestions/Feedback forum.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Just use Discord or some other chat service and press play at the same time. There's even software you can use to make it play at the same time if you want so nobody is before or after someone else


Not really a functional way of doing things for a streamer, or with enough people in general, as 1 person always screws up.

As for Rabbit, I've heard of it, but saw nothing about it working with CR.
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 8/5/17

Klaleara67 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Just use Discord or some other chat service and press play at the same time. There's even software you can use to make it play at the same time if you want so nobody is before or after someone else


Not really a functional way of doing things for a streamer, or with enough people in general, as 1 person always screws up.

As for Rabbit, I've heard of it, but saw nothing about it working with CR.


Like I said, there's software that can assure nobody messes up. As for reddit, that would just be annoying
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


Klaleara67 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Just use Discord or some other chat service and press play at the same time. There's even software you can use to make it play at the same time if you want so nobody is before or after someone else


Not really a functional way of doing things for a streamer, or with enough people in general, as 1 person always screws up.

As for Rabbit, I've heard of it, but saw nothing about it working with CR.


Like I said, there's software that can assure nobody messes up. As for reddit, that would just be annoying


Legit curious, what easily accessible software that is legal to use is out there?
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 8/5/17 , edited 8/5/17

Klaleara67 wrote:

Legit curious, what easily accessible software that is legal to use is out there?


Well it depends. You have to be creative in what tools you use.

For one you could use some software that share to your screen and sound. There's also other software that lets people share browsers activities, so everyone logs in on their individual account, connects them together and enjoy. The advantage of the last one is that everyone have access to pause and play.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/17 , edited 8/5/17

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Well it depends. You have to be creative in what tools you use.

For one you could use some software that share to your screen and sound. There's also other software that lets people share browsers activities, so everyone logs in on their individual account, connects them together and enjoy. The advantage of the last one is that everyone have access to pause and play.


Both of those are illegal. Sharing your screen, or what you're viewing, or your account in anyway is against the terms of agreement.
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 8/5/17

Klaleara67 wrote:

Both of those are illegal. Sharing your screen, or what you're viewing, or your account in anyway is against the terms of agreement.


Sorry but no it isn't. Sharing your screen isn't more illegal then inviting a couple of friends over to your place and watching. Sure it maybe against some TOS (if it's even a part of their TOS) but it sure as fuck isn't illegal.

And the other option I gave isn't illegal in any way
One Punch Mod
99295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

Klaleara67 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Well it depends. You have to be creative in what tools you use.

For one you could use some software that share to your screen and sound. There's also other software that lets people share browsers activities, so everyone logs in on their individual account, connects them together and enjoy. The advantage of the last one is that everyone have access to pause and play.


Both of those are illegal. Sharing your screen, or what you're viewing, or your account in anyway is against the terms of agreement.


That's my understanding as well.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/17 , edited 8/5/17

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


Klaleara67 wrote:

Both of those are illegal. Sharing your screen, or what you're viewing, or your account in anyway is against the terms of agreement.


Sorry but no it isn't. Sharing your screen isn't more illegal then inviting a couple of friends over to your place and watching. Sure it maybe against some TOS (if it's even a part of their TOS) but it sure as fuck isn't illegal.

And the other option I gave isn't illegal in any way


Copyright infringement is in fact illegal. Sharing any video with others over the internet, is indeed Copyright infringement.

Also

"You will not use the Site or Services to offer, display, distribute, transmit, route, provide connections to or store any material that infringes copyrighted works or otherwise violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party. "

But I'm not going to argue this anymore, it isn't what this thread is about.. Your solutions will sadly, not assist me in my endeavour, but I appreciate the information. I'm looking for more official means.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.