First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What is one thing in anime that you're glad doesn't exist in real life?
47637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

MadeDragon wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


Lotttie wrote:

Nosebleeds whenever you're sexually aroused.

It looks stupid. Blushing is a lot cuter.


Apparently, the nose bleeding thing based on some old wives tale.


There's erectile tissue in the nose, so that can actually happen. Fortunately it's rare (and unlikely to project you into the air.)


Interesting.
566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/17
The Noise.
Squeaky, interdimensional, nigh unkillable murder automatons whose sole goal is to kamikaze themselves in to any human they can find.
They also multiply be merely existing, too.
62429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/17
Sybil system. I wouldn't want to live in any country that would use Sybil.

Posted 8/5/17
there are a lot of horrible things in anime that I'm happy don't exist in the real world.
7272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Online
Posted 8/5/17 , edited 8/5/17
Ajin's, Gantz, Ghouls, Parasyte's, Terraformars, Vampire's, Yokai, Yoma and anything else that is superior too and want's to kill and or eat humans.
26154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 8/5/17
.... everything?

Everything that could kill you, at least. Which... covers about 99.999% of things that exist in anime but not in real life. I can't think of anything that exists in anime but not in real life that would generally be positive, except for things in shows that only show the lighter and fluffier sides of the things, but in a more realistic show, yeah, those would be used as weapons, too.

And even if the magical 10-year-olds did manage to harness the power of friendship and stop the evil adults from weaponizing fairies (or whatever happens in some kids' show)... check that collateral damage. Yeah.
47637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/17

LavenderMintRose wrote:

.... everything?

Everything that could kill you, at least. Which... covers about 99.999% of things that exist in anime but not in real life. I can't think of anything that exists in anime but not in real life that would generally be positive, except for things in shows that only show the lighter and fluffier sides of the things, but in a more realistic show, yeah, those would be used as weapons, too.

And even if the magical 10-year-olds did manage to harness the power of friendship and stop the evil adults from weaponizing fairies (or whatever happens in some kids' show)... check that collateral damage. Yeah.


I was waiting for someone to say "everything".
1170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Corpus Christi, T...
Offline
Posted 8/5/17
People that have special abilities...as depicted in Charlotte. Because, comic relief aside, it basically sucks for everybody.

34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 8/6/17
god
47637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/8/17


Interesting comment.
514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/17
643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Maine
Offline
Posted 8/8/17

PhantomGundam wrote:

Sybil system. I wouldn't want to live in any country that would use Sybil.



^ I second this. No thank you. Also, Titans.
2298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 8/8/17 , edited 8/8/17

memnalar wrote:

People that have special abilities...as depicted in Charlotte. Because, comic relief aside, it basically sucks for everybody.



Most abilities in Charlotte are http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical
1170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Corpus Christi, T...
Offline
Posted 8/8/17

MadeDragon wrote:


memnalar wrote:

People that have special abilities...as depicted in Charlotte. Because, comic relief aside, it basically sucks for everybody.



Most abilities in Charlotte are http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical


And those are the best ones. Although, the "find other powered kids while dripping wet" schtick made me smile a lot. The whole show was like a Scooby-Doo version of the X-Men...until it wasn't.
204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / America.
Online
Posted 8/8/17
The lack of ass

In all seriousness, tsunderes. People who are rude to their lovers are already bad enough. I know some people don't really care but I wouldn't even consider dating someone if all they do is complain and yell for trivial reasons. My brother has a girlfriend like that and my Dad has my Mom and both my brother and Dad are generally lazy and arrogant pricks. It doesn't happen to everyone though, one of my classmates has a bitchy-overbearing girlfriend and he's funny beyond belief. Having tsunderes would just make matters a whole lot worse.

Also, because I have time to write all this...

Yanderes-Pretty obvious
Random/common sexual situations-Again pretty obvious
Naturally blue/purple/white hair-Works in anime, would look really weird in real life.
The way eyes work-If eyes in real life sparkled when people were happy, had hearts in them when people were happy, or looked empty when people were disappointed, frustrated, or just plain psychotic, life would be a lot harder.
The way blushing works-Same as the heart eyes thing.
Random magic/impossible science/isekai-Self-explanatory
Low framerate-If life was 30fps, that'd be weird.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.