First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll doesn't have much to offer genre-wise
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/7/17
I feel like Crunchyroll doesn't actually have much popular, good anime. Steins-Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C, etc. I'm new to watching anime(and by that I mean I'm new to binge watching series after series), and whenever I ask someone for something good to watch, it's not on Crunchyroll. And i dont like watching on pirated sites mainly because 1) I pay for anime here and 2) i dont want to kill my computer.
Anyway, does anyone else feel this way or am i just an idiot.
24082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 8/7/17
How about Hunter x Hunter or Code Geass? They are on Crunchyroll.


I do not quite feel this way. That being said, while I would contest Blood-C as being of any noteworthy quality, I would definitely say it is not popular and well recieved, unless you mean Blood +.
34794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/9/17

ethan121 wrote:

Anyway, does anyone else feel this way

Not really.


or am i just an idiot.

No. It just means you have your own tastes.


Most people who don't want to pirate anime have multiple subscriptions. Some other good streaming sites are Funimation, Hulu, and a very small selection on Netflix.

I would do a little bit of investigation on Funimation before subscribing there, as a lot of the shows are starting to become jointly licensed over to Crunchyroll (I do not know under what precedence, but obviously, we will not get all of their shows, and they will not get all of ours.)

We have been getting a great selection of anime from them, if you want some recommendations, the to aru majutsu series, psycho pass, and cowboy bebop are the first that come to mind that we have received from Funi.
2296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/9/17
No one legal site has it all, so check out the gems that are here, like Toradora, Cowboy Bebop, Death Parade, Future Diary, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Hayate the Combat Butler, Your Lie in April, Watamote, etc.

Plus there's the currently running shows that are uploaded within hours of airing in Japan. Gamers!, Classroom of the Elite, and A Centaur's Life have started off strong.
41516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/7/17
Doesn't have much good, popular anime?

Crunchyroll has: My Hero Academia, Assassination Classroom, Gintama, Attack on Titan, Haikyuu, Food Wars, Parasyte, Overlord, Konosuba, Mob Psycho, Log Horizon, Fate Stay/Night, Gate, Psycho Pass, World God only Knows, Interviews with Monster Girls, Erased, Bakemonogatari, Skip Beat, Re:Zero, to name but a few.

US also has Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater.

Pretty much most of the early site traffic was driven off Bleach and Naruto.

If you want something darker try Drifters, Akame no Kill, Akagi (though only Akagi's good)
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/7/17

ethan121 wrote:

good anime


Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C


What did he mean by this?
98552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/9/17

Saemonza wrote:


ethan121 wrote:

good anime


Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C


What did he mean by this?


The definition of "Good" will vary from one individual to the next. Be nice and respect everyone's definition of "Good"



For the OP; Stuff that is on Crunchy that is in the vein of Tokyo-Ghoul and Blood-C.
There is Deadman Wonderland, Akame ga Kill, Another, Future Diary.
I hear we just got Shiki

You might like The Unlimited

that's just off the top of my head, but Crunchy has a pretty good catalog, you should give it a good look
Ztaxas 
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/7/17
I don't get it, is op complaining because he was looking for mainstream anime everyone knows and talks about and came to Crunchyroll only to found out there is a bazilion of different anime covering pretty much every genre which are excellent in their own right but only known and talked about by those who legit like anime?
98552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/9/17

Ztaxas wrote:

I don't get it, is op complaining because he was looking for mainstream anime everyone knows and talks about and came to Crunchyroll only to found out there is a bazilion of different anime covering pretty much every genre which are excellent in their own right but only known and talked about by those who legit like anime?


yeah but he can't find the specific shows recomended to him by friends. Things like that happen and it can be pretty annoying, especially if you plunk down cash for something without looking first.

Never plunk down cash for anime without looking,
you end up with Hentai that way.

I learned that lesson years ago and now only buy stuff I've seen before.

1030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/7/17 , edited 8/7/17

Saemonza wrote:


ethan121 wrote:

good anime


Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C


What did he mean by this?


You don't appreciate good comedies like Blood-C?
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/17

ethan121 wrote:

I feel like Crunchyroll doesn't actually have much popular, good anime. Steins-Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C, etc. I'm new to watching anime(and by that I mean I'm new to binge watching series after series), and whenever I ask someone for something good to watch, it's not on Crunchyroll. And i dont like watching on pirated sites mainly because 1) I pay for anime here and 2) i dont want to kill my computer.
Anyway, does anyone else feel this way or am i just an idiot.


So many of CR's titles are not even available on my region. I sure hope that they (anime producers or whoever handles the licensing) will be a little bit lax about this. Maybe it would bring more titles to CR and then subscribers, thus helping the anime industry.
Ztaxas 
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/7/17

Greylurker wrote:


Ztaxas wrote:

I don't get it, is op complaining because he was looking for mainstream anime everyone knows and talks about and came to Crunchyroll only to found out there is a bazilion of different anime covering pretty much every genre which are excellent in their own right but only known and talked about by those who legit like anime?


yeah but he can't find the specific shows recomended to him by friends. Things like that happen and it can be pretty annoying, especially if you plunk down cash for something without looking first.

Never plunk down cash for anime without looking,
you end up with Hentai that way.

I learned that lesson years ago and now only buy stuff I've seen before.



Lmao that seems like a really interesting story for parties
33540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/17

ethan121 wrote:

I feel like Crunchyroll doesn't actually have much popular, good anime. Steins-Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Blood-C, etc. I'm new to watching anime(and by that I mean I'm new to binge watching series after series), and whenever I ask someone for something good to watch, it's not on Crunchyroll. And i dont like watching on pirated sites mainly because 1) I pay for anime here and 2) i dont want to kill my computer.
Anyway, does anyone else feel this way or am i just an idiot.


As others have said, you will need to subscribe to multiple sites to get a really wide selection in the style of shows you seem to enjoy. One not mentioned is HiDive.
6215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Prince George, Br...
Offline
Posted 8/7/17
I have two sites I am subscribed to, (Crunchyroll + 1 other), between the two, I usually find more each season that I stream on CR.

It could just be that CR picks up more series that fit into the Genres I enjoy, as I think both sites release about the same number of titles.

Overall, I find there is more shows that I want to watch, then time I have to watch them, so if I miss a few others that I would have liked to check out, I don't worry about it.
34731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/17
To each there own. as other had said there lots of popular show on here but everyone tates is different..

No site has everything

Thought my tastes go into the what the hell did i just watch for most people

Like Humanity has declined, Flip flappers, 18if, and whatever the heck is going on Chargeman Ken.

there always the random button. Just keep hitting it till you find something that interests you.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.