First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply The first-of-its-kind McDonald's in the U.S.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17
This is old news ...I used one of those at a McDonalds like 1 year ago in the USA.
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

rawratl wrote:


I don't want some "lul immigrants r bad and take murrican jobs. that is criminal and cruel and unusual lul." Cdarlock took the time to create an informative post and all you did was prove you really didn't understand the source material to begin with.

This is pretty much your chance to prove you know what you are talking about and aren't just parroting standard alt-right troll shit.


You need to stop confusing the term immigrants and illegal aliens. Immigrants who come to America come here legally. And people who come here illegally are called illegal aliens. You are doing a disservice to the hard working immigrants who spent years coming to America legally.

Secondly, I do not need to prove to you or anyone my opinions.

Thirdly, I already addressed supply and demand. If you want to refute classical economics than by all means refute it.
48761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

OneEyedDragon wrote:


rawratl wrote:


I don't want some "lul immigrants r bad and take murrican jobs. that is criminal and cruel and unusual lul." Cdarlock took the time to create an informative post and all you did was prove you really didn't understand the source material to begin with.

This is pretty much your chance to prove you know what you are talking about and aren't just parroting standard alt-right troll shit.


You need to stop confusing the term immigrants and illegal aliens. Immigrants who come to America come here legally. And people who come here illegally are called illegal aliens. You are doing a disservice to the hard working immigrants who spent years coming to America legally.

Secondly, I do not need to prove to you or anyone my opinions.

Thirdly, I already addressed supply and demand. If you want to refute classical economics than by all means refute it.


As I thought. You really don't understand anything you parroted. My 6 year old niece can explain supply and demand. I was hoping for more of an intellectual discussion.
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

cdarklock wrote:

What I actually support is completely decriminalising those acts. Right now, since this practice is illegal, I think anyone engaged in it should be held accountable under the law. But the law is stupid, and we should do away with it, because IT MAKES AMERICANS WORSE OFF.


It's decriminalizing not decriminalising.

If they decriminalize that means business owners actually have to pay them $15/hr in California by 2023.

What makes those criminal migrants attractive is paying them very low wages to undercut American citizens. But I see you have no empathy for the black community. That has 6 out of 10 black people on welfare because people like you decide you rather have an illegal alien take a job that they could have had.

God bless your soul.
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

rawratl wrote:


OneEyedDragon wrote:


rawratl wrote:


I don't want some "lul immigrants r bad and take murrican jobs. that is criminal and cruel and unusual lul." Cdarlock took the time to create an informative post and all you did was prove you really didn't understand the source material to begin with.

This is pretty much your chance to prove you know what you are talking about and aren't just parroting standard alt-right troll shit.


You need to stop confusing the term immigrants and illegal aliens. Immigrants who come to America come here legally. And people who come here illegally are called illegal aliens. You are doing a disservice to the hard working immigrants who spent years coming to America legally.

Secondly, I do not need to prove to you or anyone my opinions.

Thirdly, I already addressed supply and demand. If you want to refute classical economics than by all means refute it.


As I thought. You really don't understand anything you parroted. My 6 year old niece can explain supply and demand. I was hoping for more of an intellectual discussion.


Says the person who doesn't have an argument. Let me guess you are going to link me an article as an argument.
12836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17
we've had these in florida for a lil while now
48761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

OneEyedDragon wrote:



Says the person who doesn't have an argument. Let me guess you are going to link me an article as an argument.


mmhmm that's cute. You keep saying that when people present arguments. I guess that's your "argument." The I have no fucking clue what im talking about so there argument.
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

rawratl wrote:


OneEyedDragon wrote:



Says the person who doesn't have an argument. Let me guess you are going to link me an article as an argument.


mmhmm that's cute. You keep saying that when people present arguments. I guess that's your "argument." The I have no fucking clue what im talking about so there argument.


Again not a single argument you have presented.

You are dull and boring.
20786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

OneEyedDragon wrote:

It's decriminalizing not decriminalising.


Not in UK English.


If they decriminalize that means business owners actually have to pay them $15/hr in California by 2023.


No, the businesses willing to underpay illegal immigrants will also be willing to underpay legal immigrants. Breaking the law is breaking the law. And if you're willing to break the law to stay in business, changing the law doesn't actually change your ethics.


What makes those criminal migrants attractive is paying them very low wages to undercut American citizens.


American citizens could take the same low wages, if they needed the jobs so much. But instead they screech at the government to do something about the terrible awful illegal immigrants that stole their jobs.

The evidence suggests these are NOT HARD WORKERS.
31437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

dulun18 wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:

No I mean like, just the general pounding on it constantly after a while will take a toll, they will be replacing the screens frequently. I guess it's cheaper than paying someone though.


pressing on the screen with your fingers will not cause any damage to these kioks unless it was intentional


https://kioskindustry.org/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/06/23/mcdonalds-fast-food-kiosks/423501001/
https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-a-self-service-kiosk-cost
http://www.costowl.com/b2b/kiosks-touch-screen-cost.html

so it will cost aroudn $3000-$10000 for one of these Kiosks ? If you are buying in bulk i'm sure you will get various discounts. I'm curious if people will demand a price DECREASE-- since we are doing the work of ordering (like those self checkout) ??


You know there will be some jerk who'll definitely do it intentionally.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

Evilshadowx wrote:


dulun18 wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:

Yeah I can see some old people walk in and be like what the f*** is this and try and click with their nails like my grandma does with her smartphone then it doesn't work and she clicks harder and it'll break probably after all the old people get done with them.

"We don't need none those dang adding contraptions"



they have gorilla glass 4 or 5 for phones/tablets now a day? i don't think you can just poke through the glass of these kiosk even with long fingernails-- unless you kick or use a hammer on it. and then get arrested

$0/hr, no benefits, 24/7 work schedule,etc-- no human employee can compete with this


No I mean like, just the general pounding on it constantly after a while will take a toll, they will be replacing the screens frequently. I guess it's cheaper than paying someone though.


Do you own a tablet? Do you own a smart phone? How many times have your tapping broke the screen?

I have used one of these before, unless you are punching them with a fist ...touching something vertical while you are standing vertical takes a lot less pressure than you when you leaning over something and pushing downwards.

In other words, they won't have to replace the screen frequently.

Clean them yes, replace them ...no.
31437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/12/17

Silentveil wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:


dulun18 wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:

Yeah I can see some old people walk in and be like what the f*** is this and try and click with their nails like my grandma does with her smartphone then it doesn't work and she clicks harder and it'll break probably after all the old people get done with them.

"We don't need none those dang adding contraptions"



they have gorilla glass 4 or 5 for phones/tablets now a day? i don't think you can just poke through the glass of these kiosk even with long fingernails-- unless you kick or use a hammer on it. and then get arrested

$0/hr, no benefits, 24/7 work schedule,etc-- no human employee can compete with this


No I mean like, just the general pounding on it constantly after a while will take a toll, they will be replacing the screens frequently. I guess it's cheaper than paying someone though.


Do you own a tablet? Do you own a smart phone? How many times have your tapping broke the screen?

I have used one of these before, unless you are punching them with a fist ...touching something vertical while you are standing vertical takes a lot less pressure than you when you leaning over something and pushing downwards.

In other words, they won't have to replace the screen frequently.

Clean them yes, replace them ...no.


My grandmother has broken her screen by tapping her screen, cause she has long nails, so yes.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/13/17

Silentveil wrote:

This is old news ...I used one of those at a McDonalds like 1 year ago in the USA.



I think they meant the whole store layout and not just the kiosks at McDonald stores.. This is the first time for me seeing a store that looks like this. They are rolling out multiple stores so this might not be the only one..
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/13/17
I forgot McDonald even existed, because fast food hardly does in my life anyway. But if i choose to eat greasy fast food, it won't ever be McDonald's. Even if it means i don't have to deal with the employees, i don't trust machines any more than a human being to calculate my order accurately.
448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 8/12/17 , edited 8/13/17
Big mac & fries
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.