First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why isn't there any hentai?
11924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/17 , edited 8/20/17
"Hentai abuses women, it's for losers, I don't like it i ain't a weeb, i hate abusing women ....



BUT WHY AIN'T THERE NO HENTAI??!?!??!!"
1680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / SF Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/20/17 , edited 8/20/17
This is pretty much the same question as asking why theres no porn on Netflix.
43060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/20/17 , edited 8/20/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

"Hentai abuses women, it's for losers, I don't like it i ain't a weeb, i hate abusing women ....



BUT WHY AIN'T THERE NO HENTAI??!?!??!!"


Crunchyroll is supposed to have "everything anime" right? Hentai is anime.
Dragon
69451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/17 , edited 8/21/17

cuthysmalz2 wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

"Hentai abuses women, it's for losers, I don't like it i ain't a weeb, i hate abusing women ....



BUT WHY AIN'T THERE NO HENTAI??!?!??!!"


Crunchyroll is supposed to have "everything anime" right? Hentai is anime.


Eh, the slogan is "official source for anime & drama".. doesn't have everything anime, and can't just because of competition for licenses among legal streaming services.

If I had to guess, the lack of hentai in general is because of market demographics. As you pointed out in your opening post, it's not your cup of tea - it's not a lot of people's cup of tea. Having it available can actually drive business away. As you (and Angry) pointed out, "80% of it are basically women getting abused. Because hentai are all (or almost) sexist.". Lots of people don't like that, and would prefer not to pay for services that include it. One of the forum polls a while back was about this, and most responses were along the lines of "leave my CR alone, don't add hentai".

But more importantly, probably has to do with licensing. I'm not sure any of the hentai shops are set up for legal streaming sites like CR (I'll admit, I'm one of those 'not my cup of tea' types, so for all I know this is incorrect and possibly they are set up for such agreements - in which case, they've already got streaming covered and don't need CR). But in any case, similar to driving customers away, having licenses to air such stuff might drive away potential license partners. Cute little shows would likely not want their name associated with folks airing hardcore porn, after all, so as a business, I would err on the side of "more of the shows people want to watch" rather than "a niche genre that most aren't interested in that may actively drive away both customers and potential other shows".

These are just guesses, however. Mods aren't given the down low on why the company goes after some licenses and not others.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/7/18 , edited 2/7/18
games of thrones much?
59925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 2/7/18 , edited 2/8/18

MakotoKamui wrote:


cuthysmalz2 wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

"Hentai abuses women, it's for losers, I don't like it i ain't a weeb, i hate abusing women ....



BUT WHY AIN'T THERE NO HENTAI??!?!??!!"


Crunchyroll is supposed to have "everything anime" right? Hentai is anime.


Eh, the slogan is "official source for anime & drama".. doesn't have everything anime, and can't just because of competition for licenses among legal streaming services.

If I had to guess, the lack of hentai in general is because of market demographics. As you pointed out in your opening post, it's not your cup of tea - it's not a lot of people's cup of tea. Having it available can actually drive business away. As you (and Angry) pointed out, "80% of it are basically women getting abused. Because hentai are all (or almost) sexist.". Lots of people don't like that, and would prefer not to pay for services that include it. One of the forum polls a while back was about this, and most responses were along the lines of "leave my CR alone, don't add hentai".

But more importantly, probably has to do with licensing. I'm not sure any of the hentai shops are set up for legal streaming sites like CR (I'll admit, I'm one of those 'not my cup of tea' types, so for all I know this is incorrect and possibly they are set up for such agreements - in which case, they've already got streaming covered and don't need CR). But in any case, similar to driving customers away, having licenses to air such stuff might drive away potential license partners. Cute little shows would likely not want their name associated with folks airing hardcore porn, after all, so as a business, I would err on the side of "more of the shows people want to watch" rather than "a niche genre that most aren't interested in that may actively drive away both customers and potential other shows".

These are just guesses, however. Mods aren't given the down low on why the company goes after some licenses and not others.


Fakku recently announced a business deal with Media Blaster's Kitty Media label to stream their back catalog and new titles, starting sometime in the near future. They already legally publish hentai manga, both physically and digitally.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.