First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Which anime cliche you hate the most?
157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 8/21/17

fatebreaker wrote:

Falls in love with a sibling.

Oops turns out this sibling is somehow completely unrelated to you by blood.


You've seen OniAi as well.
1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
The outrageous sized breasts of far too many female characters. This always creates fanservice moments, and basically makes the point of said female character to pander to the sleazy male demographic. Also those moments where the MC is tripping over himself because "oh mai gaw I've NEVER seen nice breasts before!" Frankly, if it were me I'd be freaking out over the booty but that's me. Someone mentioned the MC falling on a large breasted female and squishing..... SO lame.

The long monologues from a villain during a battle in a shonen anime. This is a staple aspect of every shonen fight. Also, the back and forth battle supremacy between the hero and the villain. One second the villain is about to wipe out the hero, but the hero pulls a special technique he's been training up specifically for this predicament, or a friend jumps in the way, or a badass teacher or older character intervenes. Tired shonen tropes. Just bang out the fights and leave the talking for later lol.

Tsunderes having NO reason for being bitchy. Asuka from Evangelion is the only Tsundere I can stand because her backstory explains it FULLY. Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate gets a pass too because she actually gets shit done.

Much, much more that grind my gears heavily...
27962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
You must study for finals soo intense you pass out from hunger and exhaustion. I guess during finals infirmary is packed with sleeping students?
108049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 8/21/17 , edited 8/21/17

PandaSamaBoi wrote:

The long monologues from a villain during a battle in a shonen anime. This is a staple aspect of every shonen fight.

There is a certain scene in Senyu you'd love, as it directly counters this trope. The villain even complains about the attacker not waiting for him to finish his monologue. I also seem to recall Ixion Saga having a scene where the protagonist didn't follow the "rule" of waiting.

An extension of this is when people are in the midst of battle, but somehow a person connected with the one that has just been mortally wounded is somehow given a reprieve for a poignant goodbye. This isn't simply an anime trope, however, as I've also seen it in plenty of live action.

26548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / FL
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
all
1709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 8/21/17 , edited 8/21/17
- nosebleed
- boob jiggling
- dead parents
- laughing a lot
- standing on each side of waterfall, talking and still able to hear other
- running with toast
- spot the main character
- transforming into magical girl in front of enemy
7850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / 小鳥遊事務所
Offline
Posted 8/21/17 , edited 8/21/17
In every fantasy/ sci-fi light novel adaptation ever the main girl challenges the MC to a fight for some bullshit reason.

Also the Tsundere childhood friend with big boobs.
1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 8/21/17

TheAncientOne wrote:


PandaSamaBoi wrote:

The long monologues from a villain during a battle in a shonen anime. This is a staple aspect of every shonen fight.

There is a certain scene in Senyu you'd love, as it directly counters this trope. The villain even complains about the attacker not waiting for him to finish his monologue. I also seem to recall Ixion Saga having a scene where the protagonist didn't follow the "rule" of waiting.

An extension of this is when people are in the midst of battle, but somehow a person connected with the one that has just been mortally wounded is somehow given a reprieve for a poignant goodbye. This isn't simply an anime trope, however, as I've also seen it in plenty of live action.



I've gotta see this lol, thank you!
3937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
I'm not a fan of mature japanimation, panty shots, ecchi and the likes... I find it quite boring but there is no Japanimation that doesn't even have this stuff to begin with. also don't like, slice of life, romance, school life or comedy doesn't appeal to me either.
Ztaxas 
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Miami
Online
Posted 8/21/17

niotabunny wrote:

I'm not a fan of mature japanimation, panty shots, ecchi and the likes... I find it quite boring but there is no Japanimation that doesn't even have this stuff to begin with. also don't like, slice of life, romance, school life or comedy doesn't appeal to me either.


"Mature"? How mature can a 17 year old be
7700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
The "accident" fall boob grab.
3937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
well since it's not a genre, I'm not into hentai, aka perverted stuff, I have no patience nor interest in it, so I don't watch that stuff and tend to lose interest in something when it becomes too common and ecchi is the last thing I'll watch. so, mature being anything related to the perverted, ecchi, panty shot, etc. so I'm not quite certain how much clearer I can clarify my distaste in mature things.
20014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The World of Music
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
The socially awkward kid losing his mind when someone so much as says hello to them. I'm looking at you, Gamers!
24140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 8/21/17
I too vote for an end to the nose bleed cliché

Harem protagonists who don't simply pick one. Five hotties clearly like them and they act like it's a burden. All these awkward moments and misunderstandings would go away if you just picked one.
1513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Inglewood, Ca.
Online
Posted 8/21/17 , edited 8/21/17
Girl running with toast in her mouth.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.