First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Guy breaks Christopher Columbus statue
9662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
They should leave that stuff to the professionals.
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

They should leave that stuff to the professionals.


How else would they virtue signal what good people they are?
17165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
Why should anyone really care if this piece of history gets wiped. All preserving it does is remind everyone how shitty Americans were in the past. And gives African Americans a never ending reason to hate Caucasians.

There are no lessons to be learned from this, just fools who can't let the past go.
26740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

This is silly. Even native Americans took slaves. What should we do about that? Tear down the casinos?


Just wanted to say, I agree
runec 
40024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

riverjustice wrote:
I don't really want to derail off subject. The calculation of the 1% is $400,000 (approximation) and not the minimum. If you go up to 0.9% than you increase the scale further. If you are talking about the whole mean of 1% then I would agree with you that it's between that number. If you are talking about net worth, assets minus liabilities, I will agree with you that it's in the range of 1-2 million.

When you say effective rate, I'm assuming you are talking tax-exempt bonds?

Capital gains tax is interesting. For instance I'll use a baseball card as an example. If you buy a baseball card today that is worth $5 and the next 50 years it's now worth $20,000, the government will tax it because it's worth more.


$400k is the minimum to hit the top income tax bracket ( or rather, 410-460ish depending ). The average adjusted gross income ( aka how Trump avoided income taxes for years ) averages in the 450k range. But the average annual income is in the 1 to 1.2 million range. Though those are 2014 figures and it has increased across the board since then. Which is the other side of the problem. The income of the top percentiles has been growing at a strong rate even in just the last few years. Which has been outpacing income growth in the lower and middle.

Its also what I mean when I refer to effective rate. AKA the rate paid after you use every deduction, exemption and loophole available to you. It gets dragged down even further as an average if a good chunk of your income falls under capital gains and dividends since they have a lower rate to begin with.

But yeah, don't want to derail. Just wanted to point out there's no need at all to defend the upper tier of America as being unfairly taxed.
31397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

descloud wrote:

Why should anyone really care if this piece of history gets wiped. All preserving it does is remind everyone how shitty Americans were in the past. And gives African Americans a never ending reason to hate Caucasians.

There are no lessons to be learned from this, just fools who can't let the past go.


History likes to repeat itself. Slavery isn't the only reason that race wars occur, and pretending slavery never happened won't stop them from occurring. Chattel slavery is more likely to make a comeback if we don't learn from our mistakes rather than everyone magically getting along.
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

encrypted12345 wrote:

Chattel slavery is more likely to make a comeback if we don't learn from our mistakes rather than everyone magically getting along.


It never went away, its just "PoC" doing the majority of it so you don't hear about it.


4998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
from what I head they didn't like him because he's white and he owned slaves (not yet black but he sure did have a thing about capturing native Americans). you know, the whole pointless war on nothing. it's in the past, it's best left there since people are confused in this time about it.

from what I've heard the government is trying to slowly "force" people over to the microchip under the paw where a person can just use that instead of real cash and use that microchip as branding, getting online, that sort of thing. won't see myself doing that in this life time. but as for the destruction of history that most of the alt-left are either ignorant about because they didn't pay attention in school or because the education system taught wrong information, or of the puppet masters are bored and want to cause unrest on some private side bet they got going on.
Banned
1273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / O / bendover
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
We are witnessing a country destroy it's self from within like a very bad cancer.
20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

runec wrote:


But yeah, don't want to derail. Just wanted to point out there's no need at all to defend the upper tier of America as being unfairly taxed.


I'm at the point where within the next 10 years my annual income will reach within 1-5%.

And since I don't own any businesses, there's really no tax break I will be getting. So my effective tax rate will be up to 40%. It's kind of the reason why I'm defending the upper tier. More in my own general interest.
runec 
40024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17

riverjustice wrote:
I'm at the point where within the next 10 years my annual income will reach within 1-5%.

And since I don't own any businesses, there's really no tax break I will be getting. So my effective tax rate will be up to 40%. It's kind of the reason why I'm defending the upper tier. More in my own general interest.


The top bracket will undoubtedly increase in the next 10 years. Though meeting the bare minimum of the next higher bracket does suck, yes.

Honestly, given the increasing wealth disparity and concentration of wealth at the top in the US; The upper tier could use another bracket or two beyond the 412k mark to even out the curve. But attempts to do that or anything similar have been killed off by Republicans thus far.



19419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
Black Freemen owned Black Slaves, its not an easy Black/White only issue.
1084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/22/17
I thought the Taliban and ISIS were the only one's that tore down monuments. Huh.
5457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Camelot
Offline
Posted 8/22/17 , edited 8/23/17
Does the guy who tore down the statue have a paypal account? I would like to donate to him. Show some financial support.
51656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/17 , edited 8/23/17

OneEyedDragon wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

All it took was a couple of documents to not get looked at for a few years and its like history never happened. When every last monument is torn down, you think history books aren't next? Its already begun in the Marxist indoctrination camps we call schools.



The leftist indoctrination of schools have already invaded in our textbooks. McGraw-Hill had to apologize for calling 'slaves', 'workers':

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/05/slave-workers-mcgraw-hill-textbook/73404632/



Wow... I mean just, wow. Do you even think about what you are typing before/while you type it? What's next, complaining that McGraw Hill had to apologize for calling the Holocaust "A redistribution of labor"? The textbook industry in Texas (Which supplies the vast majority of textbooks to schools all over the US) should really stop trying to erase history, and you should be all for stopping it, instead you pick and choose what history you think it is ok to change?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.