First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Arizona lawmaker working on bill to ban masks at protests
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/25/17
Arizona lawmaker working on bill to ban masks at protests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wO0rk54S4

A new law increases the penalties for blocking a road near a political event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6gpzrc4VM


6 months in jail + no mask -- Finally, some laws to prosecute these rioters. If your properties were damaged by these rioters you should be allowed to use their car insurance to file for claim (medical insurance if injured by them) ??? Well, at least people are doing something about these rioters

How to Riot: Anarchy Tips from the Black Bloc! | We the Internet TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HgXDffjtJY

20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/25/17

dulun18 wrote:


How to Riot: Anarchy Tips from the Black Bloc! | We the Internet TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HgXDffjtJY



He actually makes some good points. I reported it to youtube for inciting violence and riots. We'll see where that leads. I have a good feeling it's satire, but I don't want to chance people getting influenced by this.
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/25/17
Awesome. No reason for masks at a protest at all. Its illegal in my state and other southern states because of the KKK, I don't see why there hasn't been a nation wide ban already.
214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/25/17
If you aren't willing to go to jail for your beliefs, than you don't have the resolve to fight for them.
lawdog 
45959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/25/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Awesome. No reason for masks at a protest at all. Its illegal in my state and other southern states because of the KKK, I don't see why there hasn't been a nation wide ban already.


Heh, I was going to point that out.
5630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/25/17
if you have to fight behind a mask, then you're not really fighting, regardless of the mask. I don't have a problem with that nor the other, I'm impressed they are actually making good laws (at least at that point in history/time).
Ejanss 
17137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/25/17

dulun18 wrote:

Arizona lawmaker working on bill to ban masks at protests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wO0rk54S4


If the bill is reduced to simply banning that stupid Guy Fawkes V mask that EVERY SINGLE F***IN' would-be Rebel-In-His-Own-Mind fanboy (and narcissistic computer hacker group) has to wear at every single activist flash-mob, "just like in the movie", to the point that it became the symbol of Occupy Wall Street more than its cause did, it'll have already achieved one victory for humanity.

With a codicil that they also ban that cheap Mr. Monopoly mask that the "Mr. Robot" series had to use to avoid copyright, because it sort of looked enough like the Guy Fawkes mask to get away with without pissing off the real Anonymous, and now is becoming its own cult thing off the binge-show.
Or at least a ruling that protestors and hackers pay Alan Moore and David Lloyd retroactive royalties on the Fawkes mask sales, backdated to 1988.
37603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/25/17
Kinda wish they would ban them in my state too. Seattle was pretty much the breeding ground for the modern antifa anarchist movement in the US. I remember the '99 WTO riots. Also, I remember the Bush years. The whole "all conservatives are Nazi's" narrative is definitely not fresh or new by any means. Social media just gives people too large of a platform to inject their ideas into the mainstream consciousness.
51656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17
I'm all for it, as has already been said if you are afraid of legal troubles because of your protest then you obviously aren't doing it right.
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17
I disagree on the mask issue. As long as no other law is broken masks should be legal. Masks help protect free speech (regardless of political beliefs). They prevent employers and other entities from discriminating against protesters, which is increasingly necessary with the accuracy of facial recognition software.

If you want to punish the illicit use of masks it should be considered as an aggravating factor that increases penalties for committing crime while worn.
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17
If only they feared being arrested, huh.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17

dulun18 wrote:

Arizona lawmaker working on bill to ban masks at protests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wO0rk54S4

A new law increases the penalties for blocking a road near a political event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6gpzrc4VM


6 months in jail + no mask -- Finally, some laws to prosecute these rioters. If your properties were damaged by these rioters you should be allowed to use their car insurance to file for claim (medical insurance if injured by them) ??? Well, at least people are doing something about these rioters

How to Riot: Anarchy Tips from the Black Bloc! | We the Internet TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HgXDffjtJY



there are various ways you can protest something..

this type of protest--

School voucher foes hold rally against program
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TNX2ylaSY

and this

Angry driver attacks Ferguson protester blockading I-5 highway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziOFk5n9Fs

this is an older video but it's interesting when you interviewed the affected people right? it's ABC10.. notice how they claim "attacks" like the SJW who claime sexual harrassment by they lyft driver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFGx8WxxbA.

there are people out there will use the opportunity to riot-- why? they like the attention and it's a good opportunity to wreck havoc and get away with it ! -- it's hard for the police to arrest the whole mob after all so it's time for them to break laws by destroying properties and attacking people and get away with it (like those violent riot from the hate/extremist groups of both sides BLM, ANITIFA, KKK, NeoNazis,e tc..)

I think there were 5-6 arrests for the Phoenix rally

This particular idiot actually came to join the protest with gas mask ready (not sure what are the things in his backpack at the time) -- he was interviewed by channel 3 shorty after. The funny thing is he asked them to not disclose his number but will be willing to stand in front of the camera -- to protect this identity? He later then bragged about it on social media He's an employee of godaddy company.

Man hit by gas round in viral video was arrested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoUDYEgawGE


the most recent video about the guy

RAW VIDEO: Josh Cobin’s initial court appearance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk32pai-uRA
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17

Satyana wrote:

If only they feared being arrested, huh.


Well, they fear being arrested so much they will attack journalists filming with deadly weapons, so yeah.
I also think antifa had something to do with the heli crash at Charlottesville. All it could have taken was a laser pointer at the pilot's eyes to cause that.
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17
Well, I'm slightly conflicted. On one hand, I am getting real sick and tired of all these directionless riots that do nothing but cause property damage. On the other hand, people should be able to wear whatever the hell they want within the realm of decency.

And who in their right mind would commit a violent crime without wearing a mask, all because wearing one is illegal? Well, if, for some weird twist of fate, I find myself in Arizona protesting, I will be sure to wear my 3 piece ninja mask/hood and top it with my over sized witch hat, and that will be my protest for personal privacy/fashion sense. (now that I think about it, that also seems like the funniest way to 'commit suicide' ever. Brain perfectly roasted medium rare wearing all that shit in Arizona:P)

People, even if they are dirt bag antifa/blm window smashers, should have the right to dress in an autonomous way, and should not be instantly though of as criminals just for wanting to keep their identity hidden.
81335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/26/17
Well... I have to say that I am against this. I have the right to dress as I please. I mean... what if I have a cold or something but am so dedicated that I cannot bring myself to stay home? Regardless, I do not believe that the government has a right to do this. Really, it only plays into the narrative of the people who wear the masks.

Regardless, it won't stop these people from wearing the masks. If anything it will give those who wear masks even more reason to..... well... I am not going to make accusations. However, I am sure that people know that I am getting at.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.