Post Reply Select subbed from iOS app?
Posted 8/28/17 , edited 8/28/17
How do you watch subbed anime's on the iOS app?
Some anime's I watch are dubbed by default, although I prefer subs.

But I can't change the language, only the user interface language and the content language
But I can't actually choose sub or dub, not settings for it either on mobile.

Thanks in advance
55236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 8/28/17 , edited 8/28/17
You need to check to see if a different "season" shows up and expand that. Subs and dubs are treated like different seasons.
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
121178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/28/17 , edited 8/29/17

zonderIing wrote:

How do you watch subbed anime's on the iOS app?
Some anime's I watch are dubbed by default, although I prefer subs.

But I can't change the language, only the user interface language and the content language
But I can't actually choose sub or dub, not settings for it either on mobile.

Thanks in advance :)


Exactly what asharka said. Unfortunately the interface on the iOS app makes it very difficult to tell what's what. Basically though if what you've got selected is dubbed then choose the other thing that seems to be exactly the same from the drop-down menu. It should be the sub.

(It's also possible that the show is available dub only. Crunchy doesn't have lots of those, but there are a few. If you use the web browser to look at the show page it will be easier to tell.)
Posted 8/29/17 , edited 8/29/17

asharka wrote:

You need to check to see if a different "season" shows up and expand that. Subs and dubs are treated like different seasons.





lorreen wrote:



Exactly what asharka said. Unfortunately the interface on the iOS app makes it very difficult to tell what's what. Basically though if what you've got selected is dubbed then choose the other thing that seems to be exactly the same from the drop-down menu. It should be the sub.

(It's also possible that the show is available dub only. Crunchy doesn't have lots of those, but there are a few. If you use the web browser to look at the show page it will be easier to tell.)


Cool I figured it out, thanks both of you!
And yea true, it is kinda confusing.
You must be logged in to post.