First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What's Your Favorite Show From The Fate Franchise? And Why?
1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
For me, personally, it's Unlimited Blade Works since Rin is my boo. And it's just fun to watch. Zero is cool but I never cared for the characters.

List reasons for your favorite show/route.
30967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
Apocrypha the setting and how its playing out is leauges better then the rest imo.
21145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
UBW because Rin too.
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/30/17 , edited 8/30/17
Zero because it has the most mature characters and the fight scenes are still amazing. It is the most dark and intense(opinion as well as fact that it is the DARKEST and MOST INTENSE of the series) and I just love the dark setting. It's also the "first" of the series and I generally enjoy the first the most anyways but I literally only realized that as I type this haha:).
But yeah Zero has the most mature characters, Emiya Shiro ruined Stay night for me, I love stay night, I love everything about it except the fucking main character
"People die when they are killed." - Emiya Shiro(main character in stay night)

Fate zero is a perfect anime imo, and that just means I wouldn't change anything about it. Stay night was close but emiya shiro made it go from a 10 star to a 8.5 star personally.

So my answer goes with Zero because it is the most dark, most mature, and I believe has the single best fight scene and storytelling of any other of the series, the second to last fight between not the servants but the masters! That fight was amazing, and the backstory of Emiya Kiritsugu was so good.

Basically Zero was better because Kiritsugu was a better main character, Stay night was worse because Emiya Shiro is basically Sakura from naruto in the first 30 episodes.

EDIT: When i say Stay night I mean UBW, not the filler crap. That doesnt count as part of the series for me, so Stay Night = UBW
7631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 8/30/17 , edited 8/30/17
A tie betwen Fate/Zero and Fate/Kaleid for differing reasons.

Fate/Zero = having the best version of Saber, Irisviel, Rider, and even Lancer. (granted I disliked Kiritsugu and the story was way too leaned in the territory of cynicism/nihilism but the scales still hold up)

Fate/Kaleid = breaks away from the anti-idealism of the main series (even in its darkest areas), re-creates the classes, has a female Archer (essentially), and a badass non-asshole Shirou.
1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 8/30/17

Yamstarch wrote:

UBW because Rin too.


We could get along quite fine good sir, just based off of this lol.
12425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/17 , edited 8/30/17
I really liked Zero when I watched it. From what I remember of the show, the Art was good, it had a nice serious tone to it, I liked a lot of the characters (especially Rider). I wish I could give specifics but it's been a couple years since I last saw it. Though I do remember that through out the show for me there was never a dull moment.

I also watched UBW when it was airing and well I dropped it cause I didn't like Shirou or RIn, they were soooooooooo uninteresting. The beginning was also pretty boring and it didn't keep my attention so I just ended up dropping it after like 6-7 episodes.

Never watched any others Fate shows and probably won't unless it's that one about magical girls.
1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 8/30/17

konjfful wrote:

Zero because it has the most mature characters and the fight scenes are still amazing. It is the most dark and intense(opinion as well as fact that it is the DARKEST and MOST INTENSE of the series) and I just love the dark setting. It's also the "first" of the series and I generally enjoy the first the most anyways but I literally only realized that as I type this haha:).
But yeah Zero has the most mature characters, Emiya Shiro ruined Stay night for me, I love stay night, I love everything about it except the fucking main character
"People die when they are killed." - Emiya Shiro(main character in stay night)

Fate zero is a perfect anime imo, and that just means I wouldn't change anything about it. Stay night was close but emiya shiro made it go from a 10 star to a 8.5 star personally.

So my answer goes with Zero because it is the most dark, most mature, and I believe has the single best fight scene and storytelling of any other of the series, the second to last fight between not the servants but the masters! That fight was amazing, and the backstory of Emiya Kiritsugu was so good.

Basically Zero was better because Kiritsugu was a better main character, Stay night was worse because Emiya Shiro is basically Sakura from naruto in the first 30 episodes.

EDIT: When i say Stay night I mean UBW, not the filler crap. That doesnt count as part of the series for me, so Stay Night = UBW


I can see hating Shirou, I do too, to an extent. But his character overall is built piece by piece with all 3 routes. If you loved Zero as much as you say you did, then I think you're gonna love the shit out of Heaven's Feel coming October. Everyone's always talking about how dark and gritty it is, and from what I read up on it it's apeshit bonkers. Shirou is at his best here, and is more of a good protag here than any other route. It's a shame my wife Rin isn't the front and center lady for this route, but that's fine, I have UBW.

You're gonna love Heaven's Feel, trust me. And I think it'll be right next to Zero in terms of quality for you.
36037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
Zero for Broasnker! ..and had a serious tone and didn't drag out the plot like like Unlimited blade works did in the 2nd half. UBW has some great stuff but the last few eps really dragged IMO.


2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/30/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

I really liked Zero when I watched it. From what I remember of the show, the Art was good, it had a nice serious tone to it, I liked a lot of the characters (especially Rider). I wish I could give specifics but it's been a couple years since I last saw it. Though I do remember that through out the show for me there was never a dull moment.

I also watched UBW when it was airing and well I dropped it cause I didn't like Shirou or RIn, they were soooooooooo uninteresting. The beginning was also pretty boring and it didn't keep my attention so I just ended up dropping it after like 6-7 episodes.

Never watched any others Fate shows and probably won't unless it's that one about magical girls.


Rider is 10/10 best servant. Favorite character in Zero by far, love Rider. That GREAT man
25686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 8/30/17
Even though I dislike the visual novel more than like, yes, in terms of tone, Heaven's Feel is much more similar to Zero in terms of tone and darkness.
65968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
Zero. I liked the darker tone more than the cheery school life in UBW and I felt that it had a stronger cast than UBW, especially Kiritsugu. I also found Gilgamesh more interesting in Zero, whereas in UBW he came across as a typical jerk every time he appeared. He was still really entertaining and likable in a way, though. Saber also had more depth in Zero, which is understandable since UBW is Rin's route, not hers. Funny enough, I thought the second seasons for both of them were better than the first. UBW in particular was great when it delved deeper into the lives of Shirou and Archer. Kiritsugu's personality, actions, and backstory were still better than Shirou's.

I'm looking forward to watching Heaven's Feel since I've heard it's as dark as Zero and the spoilers I've seen are... unsettling to say the least... I plan on getting to Kaleid eventually.

I think it's a little too early to judge Apocrypha next to the other series since it's still not even halfway through. So far I've been enjoying it. Not nearly as much as Zero or even UBW, but it's still good. For a series with 15 servants, I'm surprised that there hasn't been one servant yet who I actually want to see or wouldn't mind seeing die.
25686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 8/30/17

PhantomGundam wrote:

Zero. I liked the darker tone more than the cheery school life in UBW and I felt that it had a stronger cast than UBW, especially Kiritsugu. I also found Gilgamesh more interesting in Zero, whereas in UBW he came across as a typical jerk every time he appeared. He was still really entertaining and likable in a way, though. Saber also had more depth in Zero, which is understandable since UBW is Rin's route, not hers. Funny enough, I thought the second seasons for both of them were better than the first. UBW in particular was great when it delved deeper into the lives of Shirou and Archer. Kiritsugu's personality, actions, and backstory were still better than Shirou's.

I'm looking forward to watching Heaven's Feel since I've heard it's as dark as Zero and the spoilers I've seen are... unsettling to say the least... I plan on getting to Kaleid eventually.

I think it's a little too early to judge Apocrypha next to the other series since it's still not even halfway through. So far I've been enjoying it. Not nearly as much as Zero or even UBW, but it's still good. For a series with 15 servants, I'm surprised that there hasn't been one servant yet who I actually want to see or wouldn't mind seeing die.


I have to agree. Gilgamesh lacked far more dept in all 3 routes of FSN.

He also tried to rape Saber, which is more of a show of entitlement and psychopathy arising that being raped by a demigod like Gilgamesh should be perceived as a "gift". At this point, I am not sure what bothers me more. Arrogance that is justified or is not. At least with unjustified, I take a cold comfort knowing that it is not, while I have to acknowledge when it is, and for Gilgamesh, that is the last thing he needs.
9620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/30/17
In terms of the animations alone? Probably Zero.


konjfful wrote:

Zero has the most mature characters



Fate zero is a perfect anime imo



it is the most dark, most mature



Kiritsugu was a better main character


lol
25686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 8/30/17 , edited 8/30/17

Saemonza wrote:

In terms of the animations alone? Probably Zero.


konjfful wrote:

Zero has the most mature characters



Fate zero is a perfect anime imo



it is the most dark, most mature



Kiritsugu was a better main character


lol


Your avatar is beautiful....

Just like you.

Though honestly, I imagine half the hate in that FSN is a "horrible" follow up to Zero. (Despite the whole prequel thing, FSN being sold first in 2004) Too many jarring differences with how shared characters are used, most likely, given the whole route thing. I would not hold it against them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.