Sr. Product Manager (Ads)
As a Senior Product Manager (Ads), you will develop product roadmaps for Ads platform based on customer data, team strategy and vision and define prioritized feature sets to address customer and publisher needs. You will develop a deep understanding of multiple content verticals that Crunchyroll supports as well as will launch in future, through hands on analyses. This role is inherently cross-functional— you will work collaboratively with design, marketing and engineering to identify, prioritize and deliver programs to deliver best Ads experience for the users and publishers. Additionally, you will have experience with data analytics or customer segmentation to drive projects, products and features.
In this role you will:
- Drive global product initiatives for ad platforms including ad publisher relationships and integration with ad exchanges for various customer touch points including web, mobile and media players such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, and other devices
- Have end to end product ownership from features inception, development and delivery to ensure best in class ads experience for the users
- Drive new ad placement opportunities across devices, evolve our pricing model, and launch an ad program in new geographical areas
- Work with technical teams to provide specifications, feature definition and other technical details for ads platform development
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video distribution market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own the development of detailed product requirements and analysis documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the product team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
- 5+ Years of total experience in software product management/product marketing/business development experience, preferably in an fast paced online environment
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience in Ads area; including understanding about video ads experience, expertise on working with multiple Ads exchanges, working with Ads direct sales teams, etc
- Must be able to extract the right insights from a wealth of data, experiment new ideas and continuously improve ads experience across all platforms
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping Ads related products
- Experience working in an inter-disciplinary design environment specifically with Interaction Designers and User Researchers
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience developing a subscription or membership program, with focus on customer acquisition and retention
- Direct experience or partnership with business teams delivering and/or supporting online marketing programs and tools (ex. CRM, display ads, SEO, SEM etc.)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions. SQL strongly preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior management
- Ability to interpret results from market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Free lunches 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. The company is profitable, and has over 400,000 paid subscribers.
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Desired candidate will be a part of an exciting initiative that will directly interact with Crunchyroll and other channel initiatives such as Soompi TV, and CreativeBug, but will be an independent platform offering, which is backed by OTT(er) Media, AT&T and The Chernin Group.