As a Senior Product Manager, you will develop product roadmaps based on customer data, team strategy and vision and define prioritized feature sets to address customer needs. You will develop a deep understanding of the Crunchyroll (and all its other product) customers, both existing and potential through hands on analyses. This role is inherently cross-functional— you will work collaboratively with design, marketing and engineering to identify, prioritize and deliver programs to support customer acquisition and engagement. Additionally, you will have experience with data analytics or customer segmentation to drive projects, products and features.
In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Crunchyroll (and company's other products') customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video distribution market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own the development of detailed product requirements and analysis documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the product team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
- 3 - 5 years of software product management/product marketing/business development experience, preferably in an fast paced online environment
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Experience working in an inter-disciplinary design environment specifically with Interaction Designers and User Researchers
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience developing a subscription or membership program, with focus on customer acquisition and retention
- Direct experience or partnership with business teams delivering and/or supporting online marketing programs and tools (ex. CRM, display ads, SEO, SEM etc.)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions. SQL strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior management
- Ability to interpret results from market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Free lunches 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
- About Crunchyroll, Inc.
Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. Crunchyroll has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Tokyo, and is a member of the Association of Japanese Animations (AJA) and Licensing International Merchandisers' Association (LIMA). More information about the company can be found at www.crunchyroll.com.