Design Team | San Francisco
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mobile Product Designer to work alongside the growing and exceptionally talented Product Design team at Ellation, where we are actively building our core products—Crunchyroll and VRV.
Why is this role important for our work?
Mobile apps are one of the most prominent ways our fans enjoy our videos and interact with our brands. As a Senior Mobile Product Designer, you’ll not only build upon existing features and UI, but you’ll also establish brand new ways of interacting with our apps to solve complex UI problems, all while being mindful of technical constraints and business objectives.
What you will do on a daily basis:
- Work on products and features to delight our millions of fans across Crunchyroll and VRV
- Work collaboratively with our team of product designers and product managers
- Design and iterate on iOS, Android, and Tablet concepts to support our robust roadmap and growth objectives
- Collaborate with user research to test and adjust concepts based on user feedback
- Coordinate with engineers, both in-house and off-site, to ensure their execution matches your direction
- Act as a champion for high caliber design throughout Ellation
- Occasionally shoot other people with Nerf guns
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, or related design field (or applicable experience)
- 4+ years of product design experience for popular mobile platforms
- Expert skills in modern design programs like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite apps
- Knowledge of mobile languages such as Swift, Objective C, Java, or more (so you can identify technical constraints and opportunities)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and using Jira and Confluence
- A passion for pixel-perfection and incredible user experiences, and a willingness to never settle for second-best
Bonus Points if…
- You have an interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom
- You have experience building mobile video consumer products that have shipped to the public
- You are an uplifting personality
Please include with your application:
- A full resume
- A portfolio with examples of mobile product design
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Catered lunch and dinner 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. The company was founded in 2006 and now has over 700,000 paid subscribers and is a Top 10 SVOD service.
About Ellation, Inc. (General)
Ellation is a leading OTT video business committed to building premium video experiences for passionate superfans and creating a more sustainable direct-to-consumer business model for content creators and programmers. Ellation operates the anime streaming platform Crunchyroll, the crafting site Creativebug, and the recently launched VRV, a curated multi-channel platform for fans of animation, games, sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, horror, and technology.
Ellation is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and is funded by Otter Media, a Joint Venture between The Chernin Group and AT&T.