Lee Jun Ki, 이준기, 李準基
(born April 17, 1982, in Busan, South Korea) is a South Korean actor, singer and model. He graduated from the Seoul Arts College with a major in Acting, and is a 1st degree in both Hapkido and Taekyon, and 3rd degree in Taekwondo. Besides Korean, Lee also speaks Japanese, English and Chinese.
Lee Jun Ki started out as a model and held minor roles in Korean dramas. In 2001, he first appeared in the television commercial for the So Basic fashion label. His first drama appearance was as a dissatisfied teenager in the KBS drama What should I do? He later appeared with a minor role in Star's Echo, a drama by MBC and Fuji TV in 2004.
Lee's popularity overseas is also noted, where in the 19th Tokyo International Film Festival, he was recognized as a top star. He also made other great dramas and movies in 2007 such as Virgin Snow, May 18, and the action packed series Time Between Dog and Wolf . From April to July 2008, Lee underwent filming for his TV series 'Iljimae', a period drama in which he starred as a Robin Hood-esque character during the Chosun era. Its first episode was started on the 21st of May with 15.4% program rating. From then its program rating was increased and finally Iljimae was finished on the 24th of July with 31.4% program rating, one of the highest ratings of the year.
Recently he joined Hong Kong's EEG, making his entry into the Chinese market. Lee Jun Ki's reputation in the Asian film industry is even more striking, for he is becoming popular in every drama and movie he makes.
Some unexpected events are occurring for actor Lee Jun Ki in 2009. Lee will be enlisting in the army near the end of 2009 and he is also set to play the role of a modern hero in a new drama called 'Unseen War'. He is also set to release a fan meeting and a digital album. In correspondence to Episode 1: Fan Meeting held on May 21st 2006, Episode 2: Fan Meeting will be held April 18th 2009, expecting over 20,000 fans.
He released a mini album, 'My Jun, My Style' which contains three songs that he sang in his Episode 1: Fan Meeting on May 21, 2006.
My Jun, My Style:
1. One Word
2. Don't Know Love
3. Foolish Love (Pabbo Sarang)
Lee Jun Ki also sings in Poppin Hyun Joon's song, Fly High , with Seo In Young ~ Fly High is released in 2007 in Poppin Hyun Joon's, One & Only Album. Lee Jun Ki also did a 2009 collaboration with Kim So Ri called 'Pinky Finger' in her album 'Lips'. His 2009 digital album will be produced with musician Kim Hyang Suk. The album includes 5 songs and will be released in March 2009.
Lee Jun Ki Extras
Actor, Model and Singer
April 17th, 1982
Pusan, South Korea
Parents and Younger sister
Seoul Arts University (Acting major)
Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and English
Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree) and watching movies
So Basic (Model, 2001)
- Mentor Entertainment
2008 : Iljimae (SBS)
2007 : Time Between Dog and Wolf (MBC)
2006 : 101st Proposal ~ cameo (SBS)
2005 : My Girl (SBS)
2004 : Drama City: What Should I Do? (KBS)
2004 : Star's Echo (MBC)
2003 : Nonstop 4: Episode 55 ~ guest appearance (MBC)
2007 : Virgin Snow (Korea/Japan Co-production)
2007 : May 18
2006 : Fly, Daddy, Fly
2005 : The King and the Clown
2004 : Flying Boys
2004 : Hotel Venus (Japan production)
2. "Born Again"
3. "The Rain"
4. "The Giving Tree"
J Style (2009)
1. "J Style"
3. "I'm Ready"
4. "Selfless Dedicated Trees"
Lips - Kim So Ri (2009)
1. "Pinky Finger"
One & Only - Nam Hyun Joon (2006)
1. "Fly High" feat. Seo In Young
My Jun, My Style (2006)
1. "One Word"
2. "Don't Know Love"
3. "Foolish Love" (Pabbo Sarang)
2008 : Decathlon (MV for the support in the 2008 Beijing Olympics w/ the EEG Stars)
2006 : Secret (Part III of the trilogy from Grace I & Grace II) ~ Lee Soo Young
2006 : Grace ~ Lee Soo Young : Grace I - Grace II
2004 : Sweety ~ Clazziquai
2004 : Precious Story ~ Kang Sung Hoon
2004 : Drunk in Melody (만취) ~ Eun Ji Won
He released a mini album which contains three songs that he sang in his Episode 1: Fan Meeting on May 21, 2006.
* One Word
* Don't Know Love
* Foolish Love (Pabbo Sarang)
Lee Jun Ki also sings in Poppin Hyun Joon's song, Fly High , with Seo In Young ~ Fly High is released in 2007 in Poppin Hyun Joon's, One & Only Album.
- 2008 Seoul Drama Awards: Most Popular Drama "Time Between Dog and Wolf" & Most Popular Male Actor
- 2007 MBC Drama Awards: Excellence Award
- 2007 China Fashion Awards: South Korean Artist of the Year
- 27th Hawaii International Film Festival: Rising Star Award
- 10th Annual Shanghai International Film Festival: Overseas Star Award
- Andre Kim Awards: Andre Kim's New and Superior Star Award
- 43rd Baeksang Arts Awards: Popularity Award
- 27th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Best On-Screen Couple Award (with Kam Woo Seong for The King and the Clown)
- 27th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popularity Award (with Kang Sung Yeon, The King and the Clown)
- Mnet Korean Music Festival Awards: Best Music Video Actor ("Grace" Lee Soo Young")
- 5th Korea Film Awards: Best New Actor Award (for "The King and the Clown")
- 43rd Daejong Film Festival: Most Popular Actor Overseas
- 43rd Daejong Film Festival: Most Popular Actor
- 43rd Daejong Film Festival: Best New Actor
- 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards: Best Male Newcomer
- 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards: Popularity Award
- 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards: 'In style' Fashion Award
- 2006 Korean Society of Cinematographers Awards: Best New Comer
- 2006 Netizen Choice Awards: Best Male Newcomer
- 2006 Max Movie: Best Actor for The King and the Clown
- Honorary Legal System Officer/Laws Tube (名譽法制官)
- Honorary Ambassador for Seoul Hallyu Festival