Jung Yunho (born February 6, 1986), better known by his stage names, U-Know, U-Know Yunho (in South Korea) and Yunho. He is a Korean singer and occasional actor. He is the leader of the South Korean boyband DBSK. U-Know was born and raised in Gwangju, South Korea. He has a younger sister, Jung Ji-hye. At the age of thirteen he joined SM Entertainment, after winning a dance competition. Before debuting in 2003, U-Know appeared in label-mate Dana's music video for her song "Diamond" as a backup dancer and rapper. He has said he chose his stage name to be U-Know because as the leader of the group, he wants to understand everybody as in "I know you."
- When its raining Yunho like to write novels.
- He was once rejected by a friend he came to like. He asked her out with 100 lit candles to find out she - only wanted to be friends.
- Yunho is the best in the group in basketball.
- He wants 5 boys and 20 girls.
- His future message to his son is “I love you.”
- He wants to name his daughter Jiyul.
- He sleeps with his mouth open at night and diagonally on his bed.
- He is Ambidextrous (meaning he can write with both hands)
- He is talented in Martial arts.
- He once saw a ghost, he refused to wake the other members because he did not want them to be afraid also. So instead he just cried.
- He is very polite and a knowledgeable leader.
- He is very competitive and won’t let himself lose.
- He likes to red unique fan letters (So make it special!!!)
- Both Yunho and Junsu are addicted to bleach.
- He says he wants to openly watch yadong (adult movies) with the other members.
- He used to steal Kim Hee Chul of Super Junior’s clothes.
- He was poisoned by an anti-fan
- He had a seriously bad throat condition, of which he had surgery on but it continued to swell up. Which is why he goes to the hospital 30-40 times a year.
- He has fallen off a 2 and 4 story building when he was young. (He was scared by a friend and fell.) Which is where the scars under his eyes and neck and forehead came from.
- He met Jae Joong in a street fight.
Cyanoacrylate drink incident
While the group was filming a variety show on October 14, 2006, U-Know was rushed to the hospital after drinking a beverage, which was laced with super glue, that had been given to him by an anti-fan. His manager quickly instructed him to vomit right afterward. The anti-fan turned herself in the next day. The female suspect, whose surname is Ko, was apprehended on October 16, was a member of an anti-TVXQ website for over two years. Ko wrote a letter to U-Know:
“ To, Jung Yunho
You watch your mouth!! Ever since the debut you were so stuck up. You won't last after a couple years... You would be forever seen as some teen idol not real singer. Do you know your limit? Only little kids like you!... I really want to kill you.”
U-Know, who has a younger sister the same age as the culprit, contacted the police and requested that they not press charges against Ko in spite of the potentially severe consequences of what she did. He mentioned on a television show a while after he had recovered that the entire event "affected [him] more mentally than physically". There were many unanswered questions, such as why U-know drank from the open container, and how the culprit managed to enter the building of the broadcasting station.