Birth name: Kim Yu-Bin
Date of birth: October 4, 1988
- Joined the Wonder Girls in late-2007, just days before their "Tell Me" comeback.
- Made a cameo in 2PM's "10 Points out of 10" music video and in MBC's sitcom, That Person Is Coming.
- Featured in Chun G's song "Weak Man" and Kim Bum Soo's song, "Do You Know That".
- Featured in Lee Min Woo's song, "Picking a Honey".
Birth name: Park Ye-Eun
Date of birth: May 26, 1989
- Joined the Wonder Girls as the 5th member through an audition not long before their debut.
- Featured in H-eugene's song "Baby I Love You" and One Two's song "Bad Girl".
- Composed and wrote the lyrics for "Saying I Love You" and "For Wonderful"
- Sang "正" ("Jeong") with then-2PM member Jaebum for the Han Sung Byul Gok OST.
Birth name: Min Sun-Ye
Date of birth: August 12, 1989
- Entered into the JYP academy after being discovered in 2001 during Park Jin Young's 99% Challenge project.
- Trained in JYPE for 5.5 years before debuting as the leader of the Wonder Girls.
- Was featured in Mighty Mouth's song "Energy".
- Was featured in Lee Byul's music video for "Forever".
- Was featured in JYP's song "Breakup In The Daylight"
Birth name: Ahn So-Hee
Date of birth: June 27, 1992
- Trained in JYPE for about 3 years before the Wonder Girls' debut.
- Was a supporting character in the movie I Like It Hot.
- Featured as the lead actress in 8Eight's music video "Without a Heart".
- Made a cameo in MBC's sitcom That Person Is Coming.
- Born in Hong Kong but of South Korean decent
- Trained at the JYP Academy for three years
- Fluent in four languages: English, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Birth name: Kim Hyun-Ah
Date of birth: June 6, 1992
Left the group in mid-2007 due to health circumstances.
Re-debuted in 2009 under Cube Entertainment as a member of 4minute
Birth name: Seon Mi
Date of birth: May 2, 1992
- Trained in JYPE for 1.5 years before the Wonder Girls' debut.
- Will leave Wonder Girls in Febuary 2010 to continue with her studies. Her return is uncertain
- Replaced by Hae Lim
In May 2008, over the course of 5 days a picture of each member, sporting their new "sexy" image, was released starting with Ye-eun and ending with Sohee. Following this a preview track from the upcoming single was released. There were rumours that past member Hyuna would be returning to the group; JYP Entertainment confirmed that this was not the case.
Their new single, "So Hot", was released on May 22, 2008; the song topped online charts in the next few days. They began their comeback performances on May 31, 2008 on MBC's Music Core, performing "So Hot" and "This Time". The full single was released on June 3, 2008, containing the title track, the rap version of "Tell Me", "This Time", and "You're Out". 'So Hot' received #1 on the first comeback performance.
It was announced that promotional activities for "So Hot" would end at the end of July 2008, and that the group would instead prepare for their third mini-album, to be released the end of September. Recently, they were featured on Virgin Media's website and one of the top 10 'Girl-bands to watch' as well as having a stunt of publicity from Perez Hilton who blogged about 'Nobody' and 'So Hot' on his blog.
In September 2008, various hints and teasers were put up on their official website, including a teaser trailer that was also put up on JYP Entertainment's Official YouTube account. The full music video was then released on September 22, 2008, with the single, "Nobody", being digitally released on the same day. They made their comeback the following weekend on Music Core, Music Bank, and Inkigayo. The song went to #1 on KBS' Music Bank, staying there for four consecutive weeks, and also won Cyworld's "Song of the Month" award in September and October 2008.
It was announced in early November 2008 that the Wonder Girls would have their own makeup line, consisting of 6 different "Wonder" products, and a reality show airing on M.Net, titled Wonder Bakery, in which the girls would pair up with aspiring chefs competing to win a cash prize. It was also revealed that the Wonder Girls have made ₩12 billion (equivalent to $9 million) as a group.
At the 2008 M.Net MKMF Awards, the Wonder Girls won three awards, including "Song of the Year" and "Best Music Video" for "Nobody", and "Best Female Group".
The Wonder Girls tour started on February 28, 2009 in Bangkok, Thailand. The Wonder Girls, along with mentor JYP, then held concerts in the United States, visiting Los Angeles on March 5, La Mirada on March 6, and New York City on March 8. They also performed for a small crowd at MTV Iggy on March 10. The group then returned to South Korea, holding concerts in late March in Seoul and Busan. After the end of the tour, the Wonder Girls debuted a music video for "Now", a cover of Fin.K.L's single from their third album. Created for a commercial for LG, a version featuring only the dance was released online on April 9, 2009. The Wonder Girls also started their official MySpace Music account. The page confirmed that the group would launch in the United States with the official release of an English version of "Nobody" in the summer of 2009.
In June 2009, JYP Entertainment announced that the Wonder Girls would be joining the Jonas Brothers on the North American leg of the Jonas Brothers World Tour 2009. The company also announced that "Nobody" would be the first English single, followed by "Tell Me", and that an English album would be forthcoming. It was later revealed that in order to concentrate on their American debut, both So-hee and Sun-mi dropped out of high school as it was not possible to attend while in the United States.
The Wonder Girls released an English version of their single "Nobody" on June 26, 2009, just one day before the start of their tour with the Jonas Brothers. The Wonder Girls were initially signed on for 13 concert dates across the US, but they were eventually given the opportunity to join the Jonas Brothers for a total of 45 concert dates. "Nobody" eventually made a debut on the Billboard Hot 100 in October 2009, becoming the first Korean group to enter the chart.