First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Hitler
4253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

n0odle wrote:

But hey check this out. Hitler was 1000x the leader than Bush will ever hope to be.


I don't agree with Bush's politic or his platform domestically and internationally, however, I disagree with you that Hitler was 1000x the leader that Bush was. Because if Bush was to be as great as Hitler was than he would need to exterminate at least 6 million or more people over at Iraq.

6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

cheng26 wrote:


n0odle wrote:

But hey check this out. Hitler was 1000x the leader than Bush will ever hope to be.


I don't agree with Bush's politic or his platform domestically and internationally, however, I disagree with you that Hitler was 1000x the leader that Bush was. Because if Bush was to be as great as Hitler was than he would need to exterminate at least 6 million or more people over at Iraq.




Death toll in Iraq still counting. But let's not get into that..

So...I hear Hitler liked Charle Chaplin flicks even thoes Chaplin was a Jew.
29148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

Kenshin1986 wrote:

yea ok japan had done some bad things, but dont believe everything they tell u alot of it is american bs.
I hope I didn't say anything offensive.

11728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/3/07
Yeah, Hitler was a feared man, he was a well...(I haven't really quite studied him yet since I was so interested in the pacific war :D)... smart in terms of strategy and sorts. He had some good intentions trying to rid the world of useless people..but I guess he sort of.went a bit overboard. Also, with invading Russia was a stupid move he made. If he didn't do that, he could of just might win the war 0.o.. But I really don't agree with his methods of war and tactics. Well, it's the past, a very big one that forever changed the world. I just hope something like this never happens again. and yes, the US seems to exagerate the war a little( read it in some diff perspectives)
:\ nowadays, whenever people look at a swatiska, they think of Nazi and Hitler ... so stupid, forgot what it meant, but I've seen in buddhist temples, so it has to do with buddhism..
4253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

n0odle wrote:


cheng26 wrote:


n0odle wrote:

But hey check this out. Hitler was 1000x the leader than Bush will ever hope to be.


I don't agree with Bush's politic or his platform domestically and internationally, however, I disagree with you that Hitler was 1000x the leader that Bush was. Because if Bush was to be as great as Hitler was than he would need to exterminate at least 6 million or more people over at Iraq.




Death toll in Iraq still counting. But let's not get into that..

So...I hear Hitler liked Charle Chaplin flicks even thoes Chaplin was a Jew.



Okay, we're not getting into that best agree to disagree
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/3/07
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4BJS_Gp5JY

LOL

Creepy yet nice film. They looked like a nice couple. =x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WePTBgi9rXs&NR=1
29148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 4/3/07
Yes. I agree with ^. Even if someone talked about Hirohito's good qualities, I wouldn't be offended since we all seem to agree that we are not praising him.
15946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

Why are people talking about George W. Bush on this thread?
If you are going to speak of him then take it to another thread because this thread is on Mr. Hitler himself and only on him.......Although I went off-topic and mentioned the Holodomor.......which doesn't concern Hitler and concerns Stalin more, well actually just really concerns Stalin.......
Anyways stop talking about Bush and get back on topic.......

To Logain
Yes, yes, yes......
I think most of us are well aware of the fact that the true swastika is a Hindu symbol......

How can you say that he wasn't a good leader? In what ways was he not a good leader? Did he or did he not take Germany from a rank and shitty country to a world power that had enough power to take on most of Europe and take on Russia as well? It does not matter if the man used scare tactics or that his charisma was strikingly powerful in the eyes of others......
It sickens me when others hate a person for the negative things committed in his life but do not appraise him for the positive things he offered.......Even though the negatives overshadow the positives you cannot question that this man was a great leader who took his country and rose it from the ashes into a great power to be reckoned with and united the people even if it meant uniting them in horrifying ways......


Tell me this, he had absolute power in his country, his word was law, now the way he got the power was the only thing that is semi-admirable (coup d'etat) but by means of absolute power any leader with below average skills can make his country prosper. He gave Germany emplyement, yes by waging war and creating a void in the work force by alienating Jews. I never said he wasn't a good leader but a great leader he was not
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

Tell me this, he had absolute power in his country, his word was law, now the way he got the power was the only thing that is semi-admirable (coup d'etat)


Hitler didn't actually do a coup d'etat. All he did after he got elected Chancellor was start a fire blame it on someone else and announce a state of emergency. During that state of emergency was how to set up party and control over everything.

Well that's a summerized version there are more political intrigue in this.
29148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 4/3/07
Hooh yea. Germany wasn't doing very well at the time. They needed like 100 Marks to buy one apple.
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Yokosuka, Kanagaw...
Offline
Posted 4/3/07

arano wrote:

i know a lot about that subject,he wasnt stupid at all,and he wasnt "crazy",
but at some point this leader who would have never gotten this kind of
attention in another period of german history,lost all sense of reality,
and send thousands of people into a worthless death.so he was kind of "crazy",
not even mentioning the race stuff.just like stalin and all the other dictators,
besides their ideas they all got kind of insane by the power they had.i think its
because those kind of people only get the chance to gain that much in certain unstable times,but psychological they are far away from using it properly.



Quite right in that Hitler wasn't crazy. He had syphilis. By the end of the war the disease had moved on to its advanced stages and essentially turned his brain into swiss cheese. Not a good thing when you have a country, and a war, to run. It caused him to lose touch with reality and make a lot of really bad decisions. Since he was a chronic meddler in his generals' business, no one thought to question why he would constantly countermand their orders.
5346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In his very own h...
Offline
Posted 4/3/07
If you want to know how and why the Germans let Hitler come to power read "Defying Hitler" by Sebastian Haffner (Raimund Pretzel), it is a set of memoires regarding the time in which Hitler came to power and the cultural/social climate of Germany at the time.
"The Meaning of Hitler" (Anmerkungen zu Hitler) by the same author is also interesting.

If you are wondering whether Hitler was mad, watch "Der Untergang" [Downfall] about Hitlers last days in the bunker in Berlin. Or you could read the original; Insider Hitler's Bunker by Joachim Fest and the memoirs of Albert Speer and Traudl Junge.

Though at the begining he most definitely wasn't mad, he was incredibly Machiavellian, but was an incredible politician, he had most of Europe falling for his tricks and enough of the Germans.

And Hitler failed for one reason; he tried to invade Russia. Only one army has ever come through Russia alive (appart from the Russian army), that of Genghis Kahn (and they kinda ran along the southern edge).
Russia is too cold and too big to be invaded, even Napoleon couldn't beat the Russian Winter.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.K
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
Well I recently saw some very rare home videos of Hitler, they were on T.V recently. There was no sound, but this team used a machine to read his lips and therefore read what he was saying. It was really strange cause once his girlfriend points the camera at him and he says 'Don't film this old man' or something to that effect and it really makes Hitler look like a normal bloke. Then you remember what he did and you realise he must have been a bit crazy.
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

kfreako wrote:

to me, he could be known as the evilest guy and racist. I heard that he killed plenty of jews o.o. i heard that he have a wife, i was like what the, how could a man like him got a woman love him?


Stalin killed 12 million people in his Siberian camps during his paranoia stage(compared to hitler's 6 and not counted the inefficient Russian forces casualties).

Hitler was brainwashed from a young age to hate Jews(he did not invent anti-semitism or was the first to lynch them). He was very disgruntled and methodical by the time known Jews helped sign the Treaty of Versailles(WW1 stalemate, Germany was going to lose but Jewish politicians got involved at the wrong time and became scapegoats).

I did a paper in high school on why he lost WW2. 1) He sent wolf packs to blockade USA from helping Britain(it failed), 2) he did not call back the subs to secure Britain(Battle of Britain fails because of effective radar use). 3) He gets pissed and attacks Russia(big no-no ) Then his mental illness kicks in and he refuses to retreat from losses, and he kills Rommel, end game... neo Nazis now wait for the Fourth Riech. Burn in Hell!!
5986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / lazing in England
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

Vider wrote:

Indeed he was crazy. He was a druggie (watch Discovery channel!) I read "Mein Kampf"... it was quite interesting. He had poured his own thoughts and opinions out onto paper, regarding his life story, rise to power and the power he held at that moment; to another person reading this however, they might think he is absolutely insane because of his thought processes.
He wasn't the sole author of 'Mein Kampf' (one of most boring books I read). He was a bad writer, so two other guys were roped in to sort it out and made significant contributions to the book, which is why the book seems so chaotic.

His rise to power was down to many factors. The most significant factor is Germany suffered from an ongoing series of economic depressions and inflations. Unemployment rates were high, morale was low, no one had the money to spare, etc. Something was needed to give back that sense of control.

The second factor is his oratory skill at rallies. No matter what you say about the guy, he was damn good. It's easy to see why some went with his party (especially after Hitler was tried for treason, which some saw as a noble act in name of saving Germany).

Third factor - his party's ideology had a winning combination that was needed at the time: Anti-communism (control), anti-semitism (economic), nationalism (pride), and militarism (structure).

Other factors fell into place and set the ball rolling, giving birth to one of worst global incidents of our time.

At the beginning he wasn't insane, but towards the end he did go nuts, but that was down to having syphilis and losing the control of the war.

In short: no, he wasn't insane at the start. It was nationalism at its worst. I do feel sorry for some Germans and Austrians who were against Hitler's party's politics and actions. How it was for them was pretty like how it was for those who didn't want to vote for, for example, Tony Blair of the UK or George Bush of the US.

Eh, this looks messy and simplistic. Blame it on laziness and a cold I have.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.