First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Hitler
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

xidiya wrote:


n0odle wrote:


xidiya wrote:

Hitler was NOT crazy, he was EVIL.

Also, I disagree w/ sheighton. Hitler didn't become evil b/c he supposedly fought against what he saw as "evil". The man was just plain evil, period.


No one person is born "plain evil". You're an idiot.



No where in my statement did I say he was "born" that way. He may not have been born that way but that is what he was in the end. Of course, if you think the Holocaust isn't evil but 'good' then whatever I say would be a waste of time.


If he didn't "become" evil he has to be born that way.
Posted 4/4/07

n0odle wrote:


xidiya wrote:


n0odle wrote:


xidiya wrote:

Hitler was NOT crazy, he was EVIL.

Also, I disagree w/ sheighton. Hitler didn't become evil b/c he supposedly fought against what he saw as "evil". The man was just plain evil, period.


No one person is born "plain evil". You're an idiot.



No where in my statement did I say he was "born" that way. He may not have been born that way but that is what he was in the end. Of course, if you think the Holocaust isn't evil but 'good' then whatever I say would be a waste of time.


If he didn't "become" evil he has to be born that way.


I never said he didn't "become" evil if you go back and read my posts. I simply said he was evil, which is "true" so I don't really get your point. Please learn how to read the english language before jumping to dumb conclusions.

Also, I wrote that in response to sheighton's long post. You should read his post b/f you make a response.

I still don't feel that committing evil can be understood by the fact that he gained too much power nor do I believe he became evil b/c he sought to fight evil. Sheighton used Light from Death Note as an example and I disagreed w/ him b/c I don't believe people who fight evil become like Light and if they do, it still can't be justified/understood. When you commit such crimes it's evil and it makes you evil.
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
^ Uhh no.. You did say that Hitler didn't become evil. I think you should reread the post yourself.

Hitler did become evil because he sought to fight evil. In his perspective he thought that the Aryan race had been suppressed and he needed to retaliate against this injustice. In his view he was trying to return his race to a former glory by fighting off the "evil" forces that were holding them back.

The fact that power corrupts is a classic case of human nature. This has been discussed by many authors and human nature tends to lean toward that way. We are naturally greedy when we grow powerful.

Your argument failed xidiya. Please try again.
Posted 4/4/07

jamehze wrote:

^ Uhh no.. You did say that Hitler didn't become evil. I think you should reread the post yourself.

Hitler did become evil because he sought to fight evil. In his perspective he thought that the Aryan race had been suppressed and he needed to retaliate against this injustice. In his view he was trying to return his race to a former glory by fighting off the "evil" forces that were holding them back.

The fact that power corrupts is a classic case of human nature. This has been discussed by many authors and human nature tends to lean toward that way. We are naturally greedy when we grow powerful.

Your argument failed xidiya. Please try again.


I said he didn't "become evil b/c he fought against evil". I never said he didn't become evil "for other reasons'. Also, unlike you, I don't consider "retaliation" a way to fight evil. In fact, all it does is spread evil.

So in essence, you guys feel that the crimes he committed are justified and can be understood. I don't think killing can ever be understood nor can the psyche which commits that act.

Anyways, I'm done w/ the topic. I'll agree to disagree w/ you guys.
12885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

xidiya wrote:

No where in my statement did I say he was "born" that way. He may not have been born that way but that is what he was in the end. Of course, if you think the Holocaust isn't evil but 'good' then whatever I say would be a waste of time.

Also, in response to sheighton. No political, economic, or social situation justifies committing evil. The Holocaust was evil. I never said he didn't begin w/ ideals, I only disagree w/ you in that you think that his fight for his ideals and rise to power can somehow justify or make sense of his crimes.



Now I am going to say that you are an idiot...I never justified the actions that he eventually took, I merely objectively reasoned why and how it ended up going as far as it did...You really need to learn how to read and stop making assumptions.


xidiya wrote:

I never said he didn't "become" evil if you go back and read my posts. I simply said he was evil, which is "true" so I don't really get your point. Please learn how to read the english language before jumping to dumb conclusions.

Also, I wrote that in response to sheighton's long post. You should read his post b/f you make a response.

I still don't feel that committing evil can be understood by the fact that he gained too much power nor do I believe he became evil b/c he sought to fight evil. Sheighton used Light from Death Note as an example and I disagreed w/ him b/c I don't believe people who fight evil become like Light and if they do, it still can't be justified/understood. When you commit such crimes it's evil and it makes you evil.


That's okay, I can accept that you do not understand the inner workings of people and society as well as I can (very few people can)...If you did then you would clearly see how I am correct and how flawed your argument it. There really is nothing to feel bad about in that regard, but claiming that other people need to learn how to understand English when reading it is going a little too far...It is very rare when I lose in an argument, but believe me in this one there is no way that I can lose. ;)


xidiya wrote:

I said he didn't "become evil b/c he fought against evil". I never said he didn't become evil "for other reasons'. Also, unlike you, I don't consider "retaliation" a way to fight evil. In fact, all it does is spread evil.

So in essence, you guys feel that the crimes he committed are justified and can be understood. I don't think killing can ever be understood nor can the psyche which commits that act.

Anyways, I'm done w/ the topic. I'll agree to disagree w/ you guys.


None of us have justified his actions...God you are horrible at arguing! Stupid assumptions for the loss!
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
None of us are justifying him. We are taking his perspective and showing how he saw it. I was appalled with his actions but that doesn't mean we have to declare him as evil and insane. To understand his actions, we have to take into account his reasoning and opinion. If we ultimately label him as an evil figure in history, no one can understand his true persona. That one sided thinking that you have just promotes ignorance.
Posted 4/4/07
Anybody ever see Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph Des Willens" (Triumph of the Will)? As far as propaganda goes, she kicked Sergei Eisenstein and Frank Capra's combined asses in sheer power. With unlimited funding, she ended up sleeping in the editing room for months to make it Nazi-perfect. I can hardly blame the masses for getting swept up in über-nationalism after seeing that film.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

xidiya wrote:


n0odle wrote:


xidiya wrote:


n0odle wrote:


xidiya wrote:

Hitler was NOT crazy, he was EVIL.

Also, I disagree w/ sheighton. Hitler didn't become evil b/c he supposedly fought against what he saw as "evil". The man was just plain evil, period.


No one person is born "plain evil". You're an idiot.



No where in my statement did I say he was "born" that way. He may not have been born that way but that is what he was in the end. Of course, if you think the Holocaust isn't evil but 'good' then whatever I say would be a waste of time.


If he didn't "become" evil he has to be born that way.


I never said he didn't "become" evil if you go back and read my posts. I simply said he was evil, which is "true" so I don't really get your point. Please learn how to read the english language before jumping to dumb conclusions.

Also, I wrote that in response to sheighton's long post. You should read his post b/f you make a response.

I still don't feel that committing evil can be understood by the fact that he gained too much power nor do I believe he became evil b/c he sought to fight evil. Sheighton used Light from Death Note as an example and I disagreed w/ him b/c I don't believe people who fight evil become like Light and if they do, it still can't be justified/understood. When you commit such crimes it's evil and it makes you evil.


Hitler didn't become evil....... The man was just plain evil, period.
Posted 4/4/07
you son of a bitch keelo!!!! my cousins are jewish and i like them a lot and for you to suggest that hitler was not one sick son of a bitch is revolting! he killed of so many people he is only second to stalin and genghis khan and maybe attila. the man was a ww1 vet and he lost it and eventually seized power. he thoguht he was god. he was definatly insane and without a question purely evil. i cant believe you would suggest he was anything but mad...and one last thing:his dream of german rule over at least
europe and probably the world is also evil cause then if he'd succeeded, the jewish race would die out and that is sick
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
This may be off topic but Genghis Khan was actually a really great leader. He brought a lot of reform to China and greatly improved the economic state by creating a safer passage for the Silk Road. He's generally disliked because the Chinese always hated foreign influence and defaced any images foreign influence.

Skygod, if you noticed keelo did say he was racist and murderer. Read before you post because he said didn't acknowledge that it was good to kill the Jews. He suggests that there were also positive parts of his plan that brought some decent reform. You're only using your prejudice here.
Posted 4/4/07
Noodle, I said, "Hitler didn't become evil b/c he supposedly fought against what he saw as "evil"."

Again, I reiterate, where in that statement did I say he was "born" evil? I didn't. I was simply refuting sheighton's theory. If you read by skipping words and going ... then obviously you will not understand what is going on.

In point, I said he didn't become evil b/c he was seeking goodness which was again, a response to sheighton's "Light/Death Note" theory. Retaliating for what one views as wrongs done against oneself does not equal 'seeking justice' or 'goodness' in any way. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind or so the saying goes. Where is the good there?

As for sheighton, any attempt to explain away something is an attempt to justify it. What you're trying to do is desensitize something horrific and mold it into a nice little textbook explanation with definitive answers. This way it makes you feel like you can explain it all away. So now, you can claim as you so boldly did that you are one of the 'blessed people who understand human nature'.

What I stated was obviously my opinion. Unlike you, I never attempted to give a textbook explanation to justify my beliefs. I personally don't believe that anyone can understand the human psyche to the extent that you claim knowledge of much less the psyche of someone whas made such horrific mistakes in their life.

Anyhow, I really am done w/ the subject now.
Posted 4/4/07

jamehze wrote:

This may be off topic but Genghis Khan was actually a really great leader. He brought a lot of reform to China and greatly improved the economic state by creating a safer passage for the Silk Road. He's generally disliked because the Chinese always hated foreign influence and defaced any images foreign influence.

Skygod, if you noticed keelo did say he was racist and murderer. Read before you post because he said didn't acknowledge that it was good to kill the Jews. He suggests that there were also positive parts of his plan that brought some decent reform. You're only using your prejudice here.


i did read the first post and i stand by what i said. by the way genghis was not a leader he was a tyrant and he had women raped and men had to watch and then they were killed. genghis was a conqueror and tyrant but not a leader
12885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 4/4/07

skygod333 wrote:

you son of a bitch keelo!!!! my cousins are jewish and i like them a lot and for you to suggest that hitler was not one sick son of a bitch is revolting! he killed of so many people he is only second to stalin and genghis khan and maybe attila. the man was a ww1 vet and he lost it and eventually seized power. he thoguht he was god. he was definatly insane and without a question purely evil. i cant believe you would suggest he was anything but mad...and one last thing:his dream of german rule over at least
europe and probably the world is also evil cause then if he'd succeeded, the jewish race would die out and that is sick


I am sorry but this post is so prejudiced and not entirely truthful that it is not even worthy of a response...

1. Genghis Khan was an amazing leader, both militarily and socially.
2. Hitler did not start evil nor crazy...
3. Hitler supposedly wanted to split the world between the United States, England, and Germany and encourage them to follow similar policies as Nazi Germany, as they were the three Aryan nations of the world.
4. No one is arguing in defense of Hitler, we are merely stating facts and analysis, while those arguing against us are stating mere opinions with no basis for them other than prejudice.
5. Jews are not "race" and "race" does not actually exist...


xidiya wrote:

Noodle, I said, "Hitler didn't become evil b/c he supposedly fought against what he saw as "evil"."

Again, I reiterate, where in that statement did I say he was "born" evil? I didn't. I was simply refuting sheighton's theory. If you read by skipping words and going ... then obviously you will not understand what is going on.

In point, I said he didn't become evil b/c he was seeking goodness which was again, a response to sheighton's "Light/Death Note" theory. Retaliating for what one views as wrongs done against oneself does not equal 'seeking justice' or 'goodness' in any way. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind or so the saying goes. Where is the good there?

As for sheighton, any attempt to explain away something is an attempt to justify it. What you're trying to do is desensitize something horrific and mold it into a nice little textbook explanation with definitive answers. This way it makes you feel like you can explain it all away. So now, you can claim as you so boldly did that you are one of the 'blessed people who understand human nature'.

What I stated was obviously my opinion. Unlike you, I never attempted to give a textbook explanation to justify my beliefs. I personally don't believe that anyone can understand the human psyche to the extent that you claim knowledge of much less the psyche of someone whas made such horrific mistakes in their life.

Anyhow, I really am done w/ the subject now.


And again you have no clue what you are talking about and you still are making wild assumptions about what I have written...I will put it simply so that you can understand it...I have only stated facts and analysis, whereas you have only put forward opinion and ignorant prejudice with no basis in fact.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
You know there are studies going on now that suggest the total death toll of the Holocaust might be exaggerated. Of course, these are revisionist theories.
10576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 4/4/07
just because Genghis Khan was a sick brutal barbarian doesn't mean he was not a brilliant leader. if he wasn't such a good leader... how did he manage to create the largest empire to ever exist. back on the topic at hand. I'm sure i heard this somewhere, Hitler apparently had a type of std. it was one of those stds you get from doing gay stuff. after receiving this std his soldiers heard about this, which in turn caused moral to decrease.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.