First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Death Penalty Debate
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

abel89 wrote:


killua787 wrote:

^^It would be worse for them to rot in prison for the rest of there life then just being shot and dying. Unless you really torchered them which is just wrong to me. Alot of them might get off eventually though and that is where our government fails and then that would be the time to kill them.


Not where I'm shooting him, it'll be painful and slow, murdering one of my people is a crime against me and my family, it's worst then a spit in our faces, it being a crime against US, it's only fair that WE, choose what happens to him, our family in Africa would do worse than putting a bullet through their throat or testicles, they'd cut off a few things, and chop off the head to set it on display later as a reminder.

We here in America, would offer easier ways of departing this Earth


People are unfair about these things, therefore shouldn't be in control of anything.
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
man,that is so funny!how can you even discuss about that subject?its murder!
doesnt matter what the person did,even if its osama himself,you are talking about
murdering people!and some of them are even innocent!this is so insane.
and the most funniest thing is that most of the pro death people are labeling themselve as
christians!i cant even have a real discussion about that subject,without insulting people
because its just too insane.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

HokiePokie wrote:


abel89 wrote:


killua787 wrote:

^^It would be worse for them to rot in prison for the rest of there life then just being shot and dying. Unless you really torchered them which is just wrong to me. Alot of them might get off eventually though and that is where our government fails and then that would be the time to kill them.


Not where I'm shooting him, it'll be painful and slow, murdering one of my people is a crime against me and my family, it's worst then a spit in our faces, it being a crime against US, it's only fair that WE, choose what happens to him, our family in Africa would do worse than putting a bullet through their throat or testicles, they'd cut off a few things, and chop off the head to set it on display later as a reminder.

We here in America, would offer easier ways of departing this Earth


People are unfair about these things, therefore shouldn't be in control of anything.


So what you're saying is that my family shouldn't control our own family business, if not us, then who's family?
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
^ Sadly yes. When a loved one dies, barely anyone is thinking right, and that's just stupid to let them do whatever they want to that person. "Fair" is different to the family because of greed, and all that other bad shit... but "Fair" will mostly stay the same for people not related to the person. Even when to a murderer you can be unfair.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

HokiePokie wrote:

^ Sadly yes. When a loved one dies, barely anyone is thinking right, and that's just stupid to let them do whatever they want to that person. "Fair" is different to the family because of greed, and all that other bad shit... but "Fair" will mostly stay the same for people not related to the person. Even when to a murderer you can be unfair.


Trust me, we'll be thinking straight, I'd never allow emotions to seep in when I'm about to kill someone,(that's what makes me the Ideal person to carry out my famil's will), we won't be thinking about "fairness", we'll be thinking of law, as in the law of my people

We see killing one of ours simply as a violation of our law, if we have good reason we'd kill one of our own, but that is for US, to do, not some outside party, that person would be stepping over our judicial territory, and that is something we cannot allow
605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

arano wrote:

man,that is so funny!how can you even discuss about that subject?its murder!
doesnt matter what the person did,even if its osama himself,you are talking about
murdering people!and some of them are even innocent!this is so insane.
and the most funniest thing is that most of the pro death people are labeling themselve as
christians!i cant even have a real discussion about that subject,without insulting people
because its just too insane.


Ok murder is defined as ILLEGAL killing and since the death penalty is legal in most states it is not murder, simply killing...just thought I'd point that out...also doesn't someone who murdered innocent people deserve to die? Although if you read my first post I do not think that the death penalty is good, just because it is less of a punishment to have a quick death than a life of rotting in prison... and yes I'm christian

27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

Shinigami_Sora wrote:


arano wrote:

man,that is so funny!how can you even discuss about that subject?its murder!
doesnt matter what the person did,even if its osama himself,you are talking about
murdering people!and some of them are even innocent!this is so insane.
and the most funniest thing is that most of the pro death people are labeling themselve as
christians!i cant even have a real discussion about that subject,without insulting people
because its just too insane.


Ok murder is defined as ILLEGAL killing and since the death penalty is legal in most states it is not murder, simply killing...just thought I'd point that out...also doesn't someone who murdered innocent people deserve to die? And yes I'm christian and why should religion mean that I can only be in support of certain things? Although if you read my first post I do not think that the death penalty is good, just because it is less of a punishment to have a quick death than a life of rotting in prison...



there is no difference between killing and murdering,what are you talking about?
and yes,the bible forbids to kill/murder,so you are not going to heaven if you support that.lol,now we are talking about the definition of the word murder!it doesnt matter,what they did!and if they get that injection,or whatever they get killed/murdered.
its cruel,stupid and insane.think about it,there are even people who got killed,who were innocent!its just soo mid age!every country that has death penalty is in my eyes uncivilized.


11885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

abel89 wrote:

But that's how I operate, in the words of Frank Castle"it's not revenge, it's punishment", and I have varying degrees of punishment I can inflict on another human being for varying offenses against me and my family, Death being the most severe, it's about the same with the law.


Yes, indeed I feel the same way about things...An eye for an eye is truly a fair way of equally dealing out justice, but at the same time it is not really the most effective means (An eye for an eye, the whole world goes blind). Therefore, I would not consider vengeance or "punishment" as effective means of justice for society. That said, personally I know if someone murdered my family (includes pets), they would be in for a world of surprise and hurt. If possible I would do to them what they had done...If they had doused my cat in gasoline and lit it on fire, the same would be done to them...If they shot my dog, the same would be done to them...Simple enough; fair as well; but not true justice...Sorry...


arano wrote:


Shinigami_Sora wrote:


arano wrote:

man,that is so funny!how can you even discuss about that subject?its murder!
doesnt matter what the person did,even if its osama himself,you are talking about
murdering people!and some of them are even innocent!this is so insane.
and the most funniest thing is that most of the pro death people are labeling themselve as
christians!i cant even have a real discussion about that subject,without insulting people
because its just too insane.


Ok murder is defined as ILLEGAL killing and since the death penalty is legal in most states it is not murder, simply killing...just thought I'd point that out...also doesn't someone who murdered innocent people deserve to die? And yes I'm christian and why should religion mean that I can only be in support of certain things? Although if you read my first post I do not think that the death penalty is good, just because it is less of a punishment to have a quick death than a life of rotting in prison...



there is no difference between killing and murdering,what are you talking about?
and yes,the bible forbids to kill/murder,so you are not going to heaven if you support that.lol,now we are talking about the definition of the word murder!it doesnt matter,what they did!and if they get that injection,or whatever they get killed/murdered.
its cruel,stupid and insane.think about it,there are even people who got killed,who were innocent!its just soo mid age!every country that has death penalty is in my eyes uncivilized.




arano - I recommend that you learn your Ten Commandments...The sixth commandment specifically says: "Thou shalt not commit murder." NOT "Thou shalt not kill."

"Thou shalt not kill," literally would mean that all human beings on the Earth are meant to be Vegans, as it would prevent us for killing anything (let alone other humans) for any reason...Well maybe that actually would mean that humans should not even exist...See your HUGE error? Anyways, I am sorry, but your argument is now null and void...

NEXT!
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
^lol,now that was funny,so i can kill?so who can i kill and who not,your argument is soo stupid,you think that line was only meant for animals,or what?what are you guys talking about,its bad to bring death to a human being,even if he killed!and the bible forbids it!
11885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
So then arano are you arguing that it is somehow worse to kill a human for any reason than it is to kill an animal? Would it be any different killing a man who was trying to kill you than it would be killing a lion who was trying to do the same? No...Killing is killing...It does not matter who or what it is. This in turn means that your generalization is wrong. Murder and killing are two very different things.


Merriam Webster

murder

1. the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought


Murder is more than just killing...Simple enough...You were wrong...Sorry...

NEXT!
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
^NEXT my ass!
the bible was not written in english,just to let you know,so murder/killing is the same in the bible(by the way you should read it some day!)i am not even christian,but got higher moral standards than you,that cracks me up!and your lion thing is not even worth arguing,that is selfdefense,come on,you can do better than that!and the animal/human thing you brought up,so why are you even talking about it now?i said that they are different,now you are arguing against yourself!ROFL
NEXT!
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
Abel, I just wanted to tell you, anybody screwed up enough to torture somebody to death and display their mutilated body in any circumstances needs help. If your family is really like that you need to contact Dr. Phil A.S.A.P… Or Oprah, she works too.

Anyway, I think if your family is as jacked up as that they should certainly be tossed into a prison cell before they cause a friking mass scale chain of vendettas and murder. Then again, if it is Africa, slaughter, plagues, and death are not exactly rare. Hate to say it, but that nation is the closest thing we have to hell on earth. Parasites, blights, droughts, political unrest to a new degree, torture, rape, aids, horrible animals that like to murder people… (hippos, crocs, lions…apes?)… Hell, if it weren’t so beautiful I’d suggest it was hell. Like where Lucifer landed when he fell from heaven.

Anyway, I still don’t understand why this topic is debated with such fervor. Hasn’t history shown us that just because something isn’t morally right does not mean it’s not politically correct? Why in the world should the government spend all its money to feed, cloths, bed, and give humane treatment to an enemy of its citizens?

Well, anyway….The world sux and if abortion is alright then so should the death penalty because it’s the same thing except the baby didn’t do anything wrong and it still gets its head ripped off by a… Hang on:

whatever the hell that thing is…

Seriously, abortion is genocide. (Don’t believe me, look up the definition in the dictionary. I did, compared, contrasted, and abortion readily fits the description.)

But that’s a different topic. Anyway we don’t have limitless space and so, because the abundance of criminals who commit serious crimes that result in either life behind bars or a lethal injection, we are economically cornered and forced to kill them. They bring it on themselves.
265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
staying on the subject, death penatly is immoral, regardless of the reason.
as to self defence, that works.
also, our population is about 6.5 billion, at this point, that makes little difference in the survival of our species.
11885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

arano wrote:

^NEXT my ass!
the bible was not written in english,just to let you know,so murder/killing is the same in the bible(by the way you should read it some day!)i am not even christian,but got higher moral standards than you,that cracks me up!and your lion thing is not even worth arguing,that is selfdefense,come on,you can do better than that!and the animal/human thing you brought up,so why are you even talking about it now?i said that they are different,now you are arguing against yourself!ROFL
NEXT!


Apparently, you first language is not English then, it must be Greek. I mean heck if you can definitively say that in the Bible killing=murder then it has to be, because you have read it in its original form...Oh how could I have overlooked this...The mighty, stuck up arano, believes that he can make a serious case about things he obviously does not know much about. Why else would such an almighty being use such broad generalizations and mash words with different meanings together as if they were one and the same? Let's ask Self...

- Self do you think that arano has no clue what he is talking about?
- "Why yes Scott, I believe that would be correct."
- And why is that?
- "It is quite obvious. You yourself have even pointed it out...Broad generalizations and fallacious definitions."
- Do you think that there is anything else that might mar his level of credibility?
- "Well there is the fact that he does not use proper grammar and sentence structure, but this could just be indicative of incredible laziness."
- Thank you Self...You are always so insightful. Shall I allow you...?
- "Why thank you...NEXT!"
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
^Real mature, Shei... I see where you’re coming from but dude… don’t give morons an excuse to come ranting in here with double posts, all caps, and worse grammar than they started with… Just ignore guys who spew out stupid crap without any real back bone to their debate. Whenever somebody is childishly and repeatedly insulting you IRL it’s hard to ignore, but the wonder of the internet and CR is that you can see their avatar and skip completely over their posts! I’ve done that to a few people here, though most of them eventually matured and so I came back and started reading their posts again..


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.