First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Death Penalty Debate
12885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
^ I am sure that you have figured this out already...I provoke rather easily online...Dunno why, but I do...

Oh and Seraph your final statement in your previous post about the economics of the death penalty is 100% true...Anyone who still believes that a massive prison system (far larger than you could imagine) is the way to go and believes it to be more economically feasible whilst being more morally correct is obviously living in some odd fantasy world...
27517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
wow,i still get idiots here,that if they running out of arguments the talk about grammar,and thats the right time to stop arguing.you obviously have no idea about the bible,your moral standard is low and you cant have a serious discussion,but hey you speak your native language really well,great!that is so low sheighton,so lame!
1021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
I'm against death penalty... human life is sacred only god can end it
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/07
Well, Arano, as much as me and Shei go at it, he’s actually a pretty decent debater. Not the best, but a strong one none the less. Anyway, it’s a physical impossibility to offer a strong debate without a firm handle on the language in which you are speaking. Just ask Bush…

And, I know I’m right, Shei, thanks for pointing that out. It’s not opinion it’s a simple statement of fact.
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / dancing in a gard...
Offline
Posted 6/4/07

arano wrote:

wow,i still get idiots here,that if they running out of arguments the talk about grammar,and thats the right time to stop arguing.you obviously have no idea about the bible,your moral standard is low and you cant have a serious discussion,but hey you speak your native language really well,great!that is so low sheighton,so lame!

arano... you.. you're letting your emotions carry you into a frenzy over someone you don't even know... is that not foolish? Don't let your emotions get the better of you so easily... it makes you weak..

605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

arano wrote:

wow,i still get idiots here,that if they running out of arguments the talk about grammar,and thats the right time to stop arguing.you obviously have no idea about the bible,your moral standard is low and you cant have a serious discussion,but hey you speak your native language really well,great!that is so low sheighton,so lame!



How does having a low moral standard make you inept at having a serious discussion? Also you are making fun of someone because they can properly speak their native language? And, yes, using proper grammar does help out your agruement since it makes people take you more seriously.

Anyways, which do you think is morally worse, religion aside, giving someone a quick, painless death or having someone rot away in a broking down prison with poor conditions for the rest of their lives? I don't think that the death penalty is the worst punishment because it doesn't punish them, since if they didn't die they would rot in prison until they die.
Posted 6/5/07
In the Netherlands (and a lot of other european countries) it's not allowed to carry out executions.
27517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
@seraph:i know its important for a debate,that you are able to speak the language well,
but i think what i wanted to say was clear.i just experienced a lot of times here,that arguments are not getting discussed on a certain stage of a discussion,but my grammar,and i think that is silly.

@chocolovey:yes you are right,my emotions carried me away last night,but what do you think i dont know about,death penalty,the bible?

@shinigami sora:i said he is not capable of having a discussion andhas low moral standards(not because!).never made fun of him because of speaking his language properly,but of him using it as his last weapon if he runs out of arguments.
and it seems to be a difference in culture,but here i still take you seriously,even if your german sucks,because the quality of your arguments is much more important then how you wrap it up.
and finally to your argument,that killing someone is better then letting him rot away in a cell.well,first of all your prisons seem to need improvement,and your country should
start working against the roots of the crimes.but even if i take this stuff beside,
we are talking about killing people,which is cruel and uncivilized.
and what about innocent people getting killed,even if its one out of hundred,this one case makes the whole system a murderer.
and please people,read the bible if you take them into discussions,it says you shall not kill,its just stupid to argue about the definition of those words,tell a little kid and he will understand.
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in silence
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
Shinigami Sora: I have to agree with arano on this point....Killing= takng a life= Murder

no one has the right to take someone life, the law doesnt kill them out of self defense...

but ya...w.es
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
I am not gainst of for capital punishment. in some cases its ok, but the investigation
must 100 per cently prove the guilt. So for me the capital punishment should be used
onlyi in extreme cases, like a bomb attack or mass musrdering, like in the Mongolian law.

PS: In the Bilbe---> Muder=extingtion of HUMAN life.
so if you kill a cat, it won't be murder. I guess it would be just gestruction
of someone's property nowadays.
7804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / 椅子の上
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
Drug traffickers in Malaysia get the death penalty, and it seems pretty reasonable to me. If every criminal just went to jail, it would be a massive waste of resources. Besides, there wouldn't be enough room for them.
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / dancing in a gard...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

arano wrote:

@chocolovey:yes you are right,my emotions carried me away last night,but what do you think i dont know about,death penalty,the bible?

I'm not here to tell you what you know about and what you don't, nor am i here to say that your opinion is the best, the worst, or that it must be impressed upon every other poster in this thread. I only commented to point out how your emotions made your arguements very very weak. You cannot allow emotions to rule in this type of debate because they will become your downfall. Few can respect your view if your emotions are out of check... when that happens...you come off as a small child who is furious that no one sees it his way, or believe what he wants them to believe.
266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
While I think in most cases capital punishment's a step too far, there are some people beyond remorse who I think might deserve it. But, only when yeah, they're totally guilty...there have been a lot of executions where the evidence was sloppy but in some cases, there's total proof.


amka wrote:

PS: In the Bilbe---> Muder=extingtion of HUMAN life.
quote]



Mass murderers are often described as inhumane, where's the line between ordinary human nature and monster?
27517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

chocolovey wrote:


arano wrote:

@chocolovey:yes you are right,my emotions carried me away last night,but what do you think i dont know about,death penalty,the bible?

I'm not here to tell you what you know about and what you don't, nor am i here to say that your opinion is the best, the worst, or that it must be impressed upon every other poster in this thread. I only commented to point out how your emotions made your arguements very very weak. You cannot allow emotions to rule in this type of debate because they will become your downfall. Few can respect your view if your emotions are out of check... when that happens...you come off as a small child who is furious that no one sees it his way, or believe what he wants them to believe.


i got furious,because of facts,not opinions.
i have no problem with someone who has a different opinion,
but i cant stand it if they argue with wrong facts.
thats all
3208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / outside your window.
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
"nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"
dont you believe that a cruel crime deserves a cruel punishment? it sounds harsh, but you have to remember what these people have done.
besides, that line is refering to torture.

and perhaps you believe killing a murderer makes you as bad as one? There is nothing wrong with executing a murderer. Besides, If you spend the rest of your days inside a cell, guess whats going to happen to you? you will die.

not to mention the fact that you can always try to escape from jail, (which acually sounds like fun) and then what? theyd kill more people. you cant escape death. and besides, say they do change. If they are stuck in there for the rest of their days, its not like they are gonna get a second chance.

Sorry, im sticking to my belief.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.