First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Death Penalty Debate
200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / dancing in a gard...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

arano wrote:


chocolovey wrote:


arano wrote:

@chocolovey:yes you are right,my emotions carried me away last night,but what do you think i dont know about,death penalty,the bible?

I'm not here to tell you what you know about and what you don't, nor am i here to say that your opinion is the best, the worst, or that it must be impressed upon every other poster in this thread. I only commented to point out how your emotions made your arguements very very weak. You cannot allow emotions to rule in this type of debate because they will become your downfall. Few can respect your view if your emotions are out of check... when that happens...you come off as a small child who is furious that no one sees it his way, or believe what he wants them to believe.


i got furious,because of facts,not opinions.
i have no problem with someone who has a different opinion,
but i cant stand it if they argue with wrong facts.
thats all


Your fury is making excuses for itself... to them... you may be arguing with incorrect facts, or statements. Either way... emotion is a weakness in debate, and you fell prey to it. Fury, is a strength, when controlled...but when we are controlled by it, it is the greatest weakness.
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
I Feel that it's a double edged sword. It gives justice when due but has also taken Innocent lives as said before. But I think that the Death Penalty shouldn't be corrected or changed, I believe that the court systems, lawyers, detectives, and the like should do their jobs better to make sure innocent people don't go to jail. I don't see it as cruel punishment, they get locked up in death row, then they get sentenced to death. The prisoners are whipped or the like everyday. Well this is just how I feel on this subject matter. The Death Penalty is fine with me It's just the courts,Police,Lawyers Etc. to keep the innocent out of jail. But even when saying all this, Life is unpredictable and you can never tell what's going to happen.
605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

arano wrote:

@seraph:i know its important for a debate,that you are able to speak the language well,
but i think what i wanted to say was clear.i just experienced a lot of times here,that arguments are not getting discussed on a certain stage of a discussion,but my grammar,and i think that is silly.

@chocolovey:yes you are right,my emotions carried me away last night,but what do you think i dont know about,death penalty,the bible?

@shinigami sora:i said he is not capable of having a discussion andhas low moral standards(not because!).never made fun of him because of speaking his language properly,but of him using it as his last weapon if he runs out of arguments.
and it seems to be a difference in culture,but here i still take you seriously,even if your german sucks,because the quality of your arguments is much more important then how you wrap it up.
and finally to your argument,that killing someone is better then letting him rot away in a cell.well,first of all your prisons seem to need improvement,and your country should
start working against the roots of the crimes.but even if i take this stuff beside,
we are talking about killing people,which is cruel and uncivilized.
and what about innocent people getting killed,even if its one out of hundred,this one case makes the whole system a murderer.
and please people,read the bible if you take them into discussions,it says you shall not kill,its just stupid to argue about the definition of those words,tell a little kid and he will understand.


Ok first off, I want to make it clear to everyone that I do NOT support the death penalty, please read my first post for my explanation, I really don't feel like repeating myself. Also the definition of murder is crictial in this agruement, since murder is against the law and the death penalty, in most states, is legal, the death penalty is not murder, please try to understand that.

Also people, please, try to stay on topic and stop telling arano how he should present his agruements and use actual facts in your agruments instead of bashing arano because he is passionate about this issue
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
Abel, yeah, if you're killing someone the way to said so, you're not thinking right. You think you are ,but you really aren't... Just don't kill people, let the law do it... or just don't mutilate them please..... just shoot them, and end it for them if you're really going to go that far... unless he was cruel you might want to take it slow.. but my god please don't mutilate... Just be safe and don't let anyone find out you did it, and make sure they didn't do it in self-defense because your family member maybe went beserk on them and stuff... Just don't mutilate, it'll most likely ruin you, you may not notice.. but please don't give a damn about carrying the will of your family to kill... THEY are not thinking right, and you shouldn't carry out THEIR wishes, if they're not thinking right...
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

findmeg wrote:



amka wrote:

PS: In the Bilbe---> Muder=extingtion of HUMAN life.
quote]



Mass murderers are often described as inhumane, where's the line between ordinary human nature and monster?


well i was talking about the difference between murder and killing
266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
^^^^...yeah that would have been the more obvious thing to think of on my part I have a tendency to analyse to death and raise more questions without answering any.
424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
kinda hard which is which tho but im mostly against the uneeded law like school absents and shyt like that
11883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

arano wrote:
i said he is not capable of having a discussion andhas low moral standards(not because!).never made fun of him because of speaking his language properly,but of him using it as his last weapon if he runs out of arguments.


No...I have very high moral standards...They just might not conform with your moral standards. Everything is relative (I hope you already know that); interpretations of morality, reality, the self, ect. Oh and no, I don't resort to attacking the other person when I run out of arguments; I attack the other person while I am making my arguments if they warrant them; and if they are being a complete imbecile who seems to be unable to grasp my arguments or they are happening to annoy me then I might drop my argument all together and belittle them with sarcasm and the like...Frankly, I did that with you arano, because your inability to listen to reason was annoying me...You were annoying me...


and please people,read the bible if you take them into discussions,it says you shall not kill,its just stupid to argue about the definition of those words,tell a little kid and he will understand.


One wonders how dense you can be...Shall I stop short of calling you a complete moron? God forgive me, but if we were face to face I probably wouldn't. Either you obviously have not even read the Ten Commandments, let alone the entire Bible most likely, and yet you try to speak as if you are an expert in theology, or you are just having a failure in your logical reasoning process...Fine let's say that the original Greek could have been translated as either "Thou shalt not commit murder," or "Thou shalt not kill." It then would depend on how one wants to phrase it, right? Well let's apply some logic to this...If killing another human being in cold blood is murder, both a capital crime and a capital sin, then this translation makes sense. Now let us look at the more general translation..."Thou shalt not kill." It does not offer any provisions...Whether it it self defense or murder, under this wording it does not matter, both are equivalent. See which one makes more sense? Personally, I think that the best way to think about it is as if you were reading a legal document..Wording is very important.
11883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

amka wrote:

so if you kill a cat, it won't be murder. I guess it would be just destruction of someone's property nowadays.


It depends on how much someone attributes human aspects to the animal, i.e. how much it is personified. Personally, I believe that any pet has as much of a right to live as any human being, be they property under the law or not. Indeed, every creature should have this privilege extended to them, as they are all God's creatures. We humans were created by God to be stewards of the Earth; not its task masters. The Native Americans, as well as other cultures in the past and present, that have lived in harmony with nature are far better peoples as a whole than modern "civilized" society.

"Destruction of property" my foot...If you kill my cat(s) or dog I will sentence you to death myself and I am not kidding about that. I see my pets as much of a part of my family as my parents or my little sister. So be my guest...See it as "destruction of property," to me it is murder.
605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
^^The Ten Commandments definetly say "Thou shall not kill", also they is a flaw in your logic, being that the death penalty was not created on Christian beliefs and values, it was just made. The U.S. does not have a official religion so your logic is flawed and frankly your completely wrong (to put it bluntly), you can't manipulate the wording of the Ten Commandents! They were written in stone for a reason you know.
11883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
^ Sorry but you couldn't have been farther from the truth...Look at the different Bibles and you will see that depending on which on you choose the wording will always be slightly different. I believe that the King James Bible (one of the most widely used in history) had it worded "Thou shalt not commit murder"...The fact that the United States has no declared religion is irrelevant to either side of the debate. We are each arguing from our own viewpoint, so your attempt to say that I am generalizing is moronic...And finally, you evidently do not speak a second language due to the fact that you seem to be failing to understand that languages do not translate perfectly.

Sorry...You lose....
605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
^Yeah...actually the King James Bible says "Thou shalt not kill" so your wrong...and your logic is still flawed because murder being a capitial crime has absolutly nothing to do with the Ten Commendments, I'm just failing to see where you are making that connection. Also have I ever said that languages translate perfectly? And yes I do speak another language, however, not fluently, so stop making inferences about me. Additionally I do not appreciate you call me a moron, I mean what are we 10? Please just make your agruments without insulting anyone, I never insulted you so lay of the baseless name calling

And someone can not declare themself the "winner" of an agrument and not come off looking childish, so next time let a third party decide who the "winner" is.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/07

lilprince wrote:

Shinigami Sora: I have to agree with arano on this point....Killing= takng a life= Murder

no one has the right to take someone life, the law doesnt kill them out of self defense...

but ya...w.es


So then do you think soldiers are murderers? What about doctors forced to take peopl off life support?
11883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
Shinigami_Sora: Sorry...So I was wrong on one point...You are on many...Your point? That I am not perfect, maybe? I know that already...

Anyways, my logic has no flaws in it throughout this argument...Thus you are spewing fallacious idiocies; sorry that just won't cut it. ---> A capital crime, such as murder, does deal directly with the Ten Commandments (in the Western world) as the majority of the people are Christian and thus the beliefs of Christianity are intertwined rather deeply into the writing of the laws.(Same thing happens worldwide)...

I never called you a moron. I just said that your action/statement was moronic...Differences...As I have said before, language and wording is important to pay attention to.

And I'll make a deal with you...Stop making broad assumptions and accusations of what I might be arguing and I won't talk down to you.

Oh and one piece of advice...Don't think yourself so high and mighty that I would bother resorting to name-calling and the like with you.

I declared myself winner due to the fact that I tore your largely inaccurate and false argument apart...I won that round, as I did this...

And one last thing...It is not childish; it is my purposely acting like a sarcastic and sardonic ass for my own amusement. *Takes a bow and temporarily exits thread*
605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/5/07
^Ok what is the point of agruing if not to pick apart people's agruements, I merely stated that you were wrong, I did not rub it in your face or anything.

And you can not possibly call me arrogant in probably the most childish and arrogant post in this topic, yes acting like a sarcastic and sardonic ass for your own amusement is childish. Your a complete hypocrite, you can't call someone else arrogant in an arrogant fashion

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.