Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's "Shonen Jump" series to hit digital and print in 2014
Viz has announced on their Shonen Jump podcast that they've licensed Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's ecchi cooking manga Shokugeki no Soma, set to be released in North America as Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma. Despite running in the Japanese edition of Shonen Jump, the 2012 hit features art by Shun Saeki, also known as hentai artist tosh, known for works such as harem time.
Digital and print editions are planned for 2014, with Amazon already listing the latter for August.
Because the series is a bit charged, and because of their broader aims for the digital anthology, the series will not be running in the English Shonen Jump.
The artist's spread of Shonen Jump heroines, from the magazine.
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Chiaki Yusa (Kurokuroku)
- Kirisaki Chitoge (Nisekoi)
- Aida Riko (Kuroko no Basuke)
- Irina Jelavic (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
- Rin (Toriko)
- Shimizu Kiyoko (Haikyuu!!)
- Samejima Alto (Hime-dol!!)
- Akimoto Katherine Reiko (Kochikame)
- ??? (Soul Catcher(S))
- Inoue Orihime (Bleach)
- Nami (One Piece)
- Azuki Ann (Ginga Patrol Jaco)
- Kuhou Kumado (Smoky B.B.)
- Hilda (Beelzebub)
- ??? (Saiki Kusuo no Sainan)
- Haruno Sakura (Naruto)
- Kagura (Gintama)
- Nakiri Erina (Shokugeki no Soma)
- Kitora Ai (World Trigger)