Reworked version heads to an additional region next week
Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ recently launched on PS Vita in North America, but that's not the last stop for the enhanced version of the latest in the fishpole-swingin' series of platformers. After launching in Japan, Asia, and North America, Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ makes its European digital debut on April 30.
Here are the Vita version's features:
- The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
- Now 60fps
- 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
- Includes the original ‘UmiharaKawase’ game - this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
- Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
- Unique 1970s Japanese visual style
- Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
- Global time ranking
- New enemy placements
- Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
- Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities