Famous voice actresses play anthropomorphized automobile parts in 90 second ad
Automobile manufacturer Toyota is cashing in on Japan's obsession with anthropomorphizing absolutely everything with a new ad campaign called "Prius! Impossible Girls" which re-envisions the various parts and features of the Toyota Prius automobile as moe anime girls.
The campaign includes 40 original characters created by various artists, as well as the voices of:
- Kana Hanazawa as 2ZR-FXE ENGINE.
- Rina Hidaka as HYBRID TRANSAXLE.
- Misaki Kuno as POWER CONTROL UNIT.
- Yuki Takao as ICONIC human-tech.
- Yuka Iguchi as TRIANGULAR SILHOUETTE.
- Aoi Yūki as DOUBLE WISHBONE SUSPENSION.
- Risa Taneda as HIGH RIGIDITY BODY.
- Ai Kayano as TSS-P.
- Akari Kitō as GOA BODY.
- And Nichika Omori as E-Four.
In addition to the commercial above, the "Prius! Impossible Girls" campaign will include a character song, a promotional tie-in video game, and the various voice actors in-character reading aloud from the Toyota Prius parts manual. For more information, please check out the official Japanese home page here.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.