Adaptation of Kiri Wazawa's manga about a student, a yokai, and a grumpy spirit-guide premieres in July of 2016
Crunchyrolly previously reported on how Fukigen na Mononokean ("The Morose Mononokean") - a comedy manga by Kiri Wazawa about a high school student, a yokai, and a reluctant spirit-guide - was being adapted into a TV anime. Now the main staff and cast for the anime version have been announced. The staff includes:
- Director: Akira Iwanaga (Tegami Bachi Letter Bee)
- Series composition: Takao Yoshioka (Watamote, Your Lie in April)
- Music: Yasuharu Takanashi (Sailor Moon Crysal)
- Animation production: Pierrot Plus (Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! -)
The cast includes:
- Yūki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Hanae Ashiya.
- Tomoaki Maeno (Juichi Fukutomi in Yowamushi Pedal) as Haruitsuki Abeno.
Fukigen na Monnokean will begin its Japanese broadcast in July of 2016.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.