July 2016 series based on seinen manga by Shinjirō promises "stylish, super-powered action"
Crunchyroll previously reported on how Taboo Tattoo, a seinen manga series by Shinjirō, is being adapted into a TV anime series that will premiere in July of 2016. Now the main staff for the new TV series has been announced.
The staff for the upcoming anime adaptation include:
- Original Work: Shinjirō (serialized in Monthly Comic Alive published by Media Factory)
- Director: Takashi Watanabe (Slayers, Shakugan no Shana, Heavy Object)
- Series composition & screenplay: Mayori Sekijima, Masateru Ohtake (from Seven Days War)
- Character design: Shinya Hasegawa (Golden Time, Otome Yokai Zakuro)
- Animation production: J.C. Staff (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Little Busters!)
Taboo Tattoo follows a young man named Justice "Seigi" Akatsuka who inadvertently acquires a mysterious tattoo that is actually a powerful secret weapon capable of manipulating space-time.
An English language version of Taboo Tattoo is published by Yen Press, who describe the story as follows:
"By all accounts, middle schooler Seigi is pretty unremarkable except for his martial arts prowess and a desire to protect the weak. But when his good intentions are put to the test by saving an old homeless man from some street thugs, the mysterious man shows his gratitude by...burning a tattoo onto Seigi's palm?!
Official Taboo Tattoo TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.