Adaptation of 4-panel manga by Shōtarō Tokunō hits Japanese TV in July of 2016
Crunchyroll previously reported on how New Game!, a 4-panel manga by Shōtarō Tokunō about a young lady who goes to work for the company that developed her favorite video game, is being adapted into a TV anime. Now the full staff for the production has been announced.
The staff for New Game! includes:
- Original work: Shōtarō Tokunō (serialized in Manga Time Kirara Carat published by Houbunsha)
- Director: Yoshiyuki Fujiwara
- Assistant director: Ryohei Takeshita
- Series composition: Fumihiko Shimo
- Character design: Ai Kikuchi
- Chief animation director: Ai Kikuchi, Yūichi Oka, Manamu Amasaki, Chisato Kikunaga
- Prop design: Eri Nakajima
- Art director: Shunsuke Suzuki
- Color design: Kei Ishiguro
- Director of photography: Takafumi Kuwano
- Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
- Sound director: Masanori Tsuchiya
- Sound effects: Yasumasa Koyama
- Sound production: Delphi Sound
- Music: Hajime Hyakkoku
- Musis production: Kadokawa
- Animation production: Doga Kobo
- Production: New Game! Production Committee
The New Game! anime will begin its Japanese broadcast in July of 2016. The cast for the show is scheduled to be announced later during the Anime Japan 2016 convention and trade show, which is currently running at Tokyo Big Sight.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.