Japanese Fans Pick Their Top 20 "Just a Cute Face" Lady Anime Characters

Recent poll on Charapedia prompted some 10,000 responses

They say that beauty is only skin-deep, but that was not the issue when 10,000 Japanese fans cast their votes in order to rank the Top 20 "Just a Cute Face" Lady Anime Characters in a recent poll on Charapedia.

 

 

The rules for the general election were simple: fans could select their favorite lady character (from a pool of 76 possibilities) based solely on the cuteness of their face, ignoring all other factors such as wealth, profession, personality, and the acting skills of their respective voice actresses. The Top 20 results were as follows: 

 

 

20.) Tae Shimura from Gintama. (113 votes)

 

 

19.) Eru Chitanda from Hyōka. (128 votes)

 

 

18.) Yukina Himeragi from Strike the Blood. (130 votes)

 

 

17.) Maki Nishikino from Love Live! School Idol Project. (135 votes)

 

 

16.) Rize Tedeza from Is the Order a Rabbit?. (137 votes)

 

 

15.) Kotori Minami from Love Live! School Idol Project. (140 votes)

 

 

14.) Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. (141 votes)

 

 

13.) Mikasa Ackermann from Attack on Titan. (160 votes)

 

 

12.) Kagura from Gintama. (162 votes)

 

 

11.) Umi Sonoda from Love Live! School Idol Project. (165 votes)

 

 

10.) Kaori Miyazono from Your Lie in April. (168 votes)

 

 

09.) Eli Ayase from Love Live! School Idol Project. (169 votes)

 

 

08.) Miyuki Shiba from The Irregular at Magic High School. (171 votes)

 

 

07.) Mio Akiyama from K-On!. (192 votes)

 

 

06.) Kiyoko Shimizu from Haikyu!!. (226 votes)

 

 

05.) Chino Kafuu from Is the Order a Rabbit?. (262 votes)

 

 

04.) Yukino Yukinoshita from My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. (284 votes)

 

 

03.) Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi. (327 votes)

 

 

02.) Rem from Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-. (330 votes)

 

 

01.) Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online. (411 votes)

 

One again, the demographics of the poll were skewed toward the young and male end of things: 66.0% of the voters were male, while 34.0% were female. People in their teens and twenties made up 63.9% of the respondents, while people in their thirties and older made up the remaining 36.1%.

 

Source: Charapedia via Yaraon!

 

Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.

Tags
fandom, polls
Other Top News

36 Comments
Sort by: