It is confirmed today that the yet-titled 6th TV anime series from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise produced by Gallop will premiere on TV Tokyo and its affiliates in the spring of 2017. So the current fifth series Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is expected to end its run by then. The anime franchise's official Twitter has posted a visual of its protagonist Yusaku Fujiki below. While no other details including its cast and staff have been revealed yet, Oricon Style reported its main theme is "One step forward, Let's try!"
The latest 6th installment is aimed at children who give up their dreams before actually trying due to
information overloading, hoping to encourage them to take a step to try things that they like and that
they are interested in. The protagonist Yusaku is a boy who excessively hates to stand out and not
noticeable at his school. But through the duels, he meets various type of people, then starts to take
a step and try things.
"Yu-Gi-Oh!" TV anime series produced by Gallop
1. "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters" (April 2000 - September 2004/224 episodes)
2. "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX" (October 2004 - March 2008/180 episodes)
3. "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's" (April 2008 - March 2011/154 episodes)
4. "Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal"/"Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II" (April 2011 - Match 2014/146 episodes)
5. "Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V" (April 2014-)
(c) Kazuki Takahashi Studio Dice/Shueisha, TV Tokyo, NAS