Adaptation based on web novel about the effects of bullying debuts on Tokyo MX and other stations in July of 2017
The main cast and staff have been announced for Clione no Akari ("The Light of Clione"), an upcoming TV anime adaptation based on the web novel by Natural Rain that deals with the negative consequences of bullying.
The staff for Clione no Akari includes:
- Director: Puro Ishikawa
- Original work: Natural Rain
- Scenario: MOLICE, Tsukasa, Natural Rain, Takeshi Onaka
- Character design: Natural Rain
- Sound director: Kazuhiko Izu
- Theme song: "Clione no Akari", performed by aki
- Ending theme: "Sora o Tobu Kaze", performed by aki
- Insert song: "Hyaku-nichi no Hana", performed by Riko Sasaki
- Animation: drop
- Production: Kyoto Tomato
The cast for Clione no Akari includes:
- Sayuri Matsumura as Minori Amamiya.
- Shun'ya Ōhira as Takashi Aoi.
- Natsuko Hara as Kyoko Tsukihashi.
- Riko Sasaki as Nanami Yukine.
- Riho Iida as Yuna Nagino.
- Aina Suzuki as Kaho Ichinose.
- Akari Kageyama as Sayaka Homa.
- Yuuki Fujita as Ken Isozaki.
- Misaki Ohashi as Kousuke Okishima.
- Moa Tsukino as Shouta Sayama.
- And Kana Aoi as Sakura Inoue.
The story of Clione no Akari centers on Minori, a girl who has been suffering from bullying for a long time. Her friends Takashi and Kyoko want to help her, but Minori becomes ill and stops coming to school. Two months later, they receive a mysterious anonymous text message that says a summer festival is going to be held in the neighboring town...
Clione no Akari will broadcast on Tokyo MX, Tochi TV, and BS-Fuji beginning in July of 2017.
Official Clione no Akari TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.