Bandai Namco & Drecom Team Up To Create New Browser Game Company "BXD"

Joint venture plans to use HTML5 to develop games for properties such as "Dragon Ball Z" and "THE [email protected]"

Bandai Namco Entertainment and Drecom Co., Ltd. are joining forces to create a new joint venture business entitled "BXD" that will focus on creating HTML5 web browser games using Bandai's intellectual properties and Drecom's programming expertise.


Above (from left to right): Bandai Namco Entertainment president Satoshi Ōshita, BXD president Kouji Tezuka, and Drecom Co., Ltd. president Yuuki Naitou.


The new business will have an initial capital investment of 247.5 million yen (about $2.1 million US), and Bandai Namco will control a 51% majority of the stock, with Drecom holding the other 49%. Kouji Tezuka, the current general manager of Bandai Namco's app development team, will serve as the president of BXD.



The first slate of titles from BXD include new games for Dragon Ball ZR.B.I. Baseball (known as Family Stadium in Japan), and THE [email protected], all of which are in-development for release in the Spring Season of 2018. The games will use a free-to-play model with in-game purchases. BXD is also planning to publish third-party releases, with an eye on expanding into overseas markets in the future.



Mantan Web

Nico Nico News


Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.

Other Top News

Be the first to comment!
Sort by:
Hime banner

Try The NEW CrunchyrollBeta

check it out