Main staff also listed for upcoming adaptation based on psychic / yakuza / comedy manga by Masao Ohtake
A new key visual has been released for Hinamatsuri, an upcoming TV anime adaptation based on the pscyhic / yakuza / comedy manga by Masao Ohtake, and it just might make you feel like phoning home. The main staff for the series was also announced, including:
- Original work: Masao Ohtake (Hinamatsuri, published by Kadokawa)
- Director: Kei Oikawa
- Series composition, screenplay: Keiichirō Ōchi
- Character design, chief animation director: Kanetoshi Kamimoto
- Assistant director: Katsuhara Matsubara
- Key animator: Kuniaki Masuda, Tetsuya Takeuchi, Ryo Araki
- Art director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- Art settings: Kaoru Aoki
- Backgrounds: Bihou
- Color design: Hiroshi Iwaida
- Director of Photography: Yūta Nakamura
- Editor: Daisuke Hiraki
- Sound director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Sound production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Yasuhiro Misawa
- Music production: Nippon Columbia
- Animation production: feel.
- Production: Himatsuri Production Committee
The original Hinamatsuri manga is serialized in Kadokawa's Hartaseinen manga magazine. The story follows Yoshifumi Nitta, a young yakuza who belongs to the Ashikawa-gumi. One day, a strange elliptical object crashes into his room, and the object contains an emotionless but powerfully psionic girl named Hina. Threatened by her psychic power, Nitta allows Hina to live with him. Nitta has to take care of Hina, who is a lazy and sloppy roommate. Gradually, Hina begins to trust Nitta, because he never tries to use her power for his own personal gain.
Maybe it's just because I was born in the Eighties, but I feel like I've seen that poster somewhere before...
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.