Many principal staff and cast members return for new series about warrior women vying for martial supremacy
Originally announced back in February of 2017, more information is now available about Hobby Japan's ecchi fantasy / fighting series Queen's Blade Unlimited, including the announcement of production on a new OAV series that will begin releasing in 2018.
The new OAVs will feature many of the principal staff of the earlier Queen's Blade anime productions, including:
- Original work: Hobby Japan
- General supervision: Souvenir Shop Hans
- Director: Gabi Kisaragi
- Screenwriter: Ryunosuke Kingetsu
- Assistant screenwrite: Eiji Okita
- Producer: Kinji Yoshimoto
- Original reboot design: Shinya Ohsaki (UNKNOWN GAMES)
- Character design, chief animation director: Takuya Noguchi, Yukiko Ishibashi
- Art, backgrounds: Acanthus
- Color design: Sadahime Matsubara
- Sound design: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Miracle Bus
- Music director: Masaru Yokoyama
- Line producer: Kinji Yoshimoto
- Production: Fortes
Additionally, many of the voice actresses from the earlier Queen's Blade series will be reprising their roles, including:
- Kaori Mizuhashi as Elina.
- Kanae Itō as Airi.
- Yuki Kaida as Echidna.
- Mikako Takahashi as Nowa.
- Sayaka Ohara as Melpha.
- Aya Hirano as Nanael.
- And Atsuko Tanaka as Claudette.
Based on a series of ecchi combat books using the "Lost Worlds" rules system, the story of the Queen's Blade series is set in the magical kingdom of Gynos where warrior women duel to determine who has the right to rule. Queen's Blade Unlimited will focus on a cast of 18 fighters.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.