New cast members and Japanese TV schedule revealed for upcoming adaptation of "food fantasy" light novels
A new preview video, new cast additions, and the Japanese broadcast schedule have been revealed for Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi ("Making a Living at an Inn in the Afterlife"), an upcoming TV anime based on the series of "food fantasy" light novels about a college student who lands a job at a hospitality house catering to denizens of the spirit world.
The new cast members for Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi include:
- Kaito Ishikawa as Ranmaru, a komainu ("lion-dog") who is the head-master of the rival inn, Orio-ya.
- Takuma Terashima as Hatori, a tengu who works as the head clerk at the Orio-ya.
- And Daisuke Hirakawa as Tokihiko, a shiranui ("phantom fire") who works as a bath attendant at the Orio-ya.
In Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Aoi is a college student who possesses the ability to see spirits. One day she is whisked away to the underworld by a demon-god who is also the proprietor of an otherworldly inn known as the "Tenjin-ya". The demon-god claims that Aoi must marry him in order to pay off her grandfather's substantial debt, but instead Aoi agrees to work as a cook at the Tenjin-ya in order to earn enough to return to the land of the living.
The original Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi light novels are written by Midori Yuuma, illustrated by Laruha, and published by Fujimi Shobo (a division of Kadokawa) under their Fujimi L Bunko imprint. The Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi TV anime is directed by Yoshiko Okuda and features animation by GONZO.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi will broadcast in Japan according to the following schedule:
- Tokyo MX: every Monday during the 22:30 time slot beginning on April 02, 2018.
- BS Fuji: every Tuesday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on April 03, 2018.
- KBS Kyoto: every Friday during the 26:10 time slot beginning on April 06, 2018.
- AT-X: every Wednesday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on April 04, 2018.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:10 time slot on Friday night is actually on Saturday morning at 2:10 AM JST.
Official Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.