Main staff revealed for violent seinen manga adaptation that hits Japanese TV in 2019
Battle is a ferocious flurry of fists and feet in the teaser trailer for Kengan Ashura, an upcoming TV anime based on the violent seinen manga written by Sandrovich Yabako and illustrated by Daromeon about shady corporations that resolve their grievances through pit-fighting matches.
The main staff for Kengan Ashura includes:
- Original work: Kengan Ashura, written by Sandrovich Yabako and illustrated by Daromeon (serialized in Shogakukan's Ura Sunday digital magazine and MangaOne app)
- Director: Seiji Kishi
- Series composition: Makoto Uezu
- Character design: Kazuaki Morita
- Music: Yasuharu Takanashi (Team-MAX)
- Animation production: LARX ENTERTAINMENT
The story of Kengan Ashura follows Tokita Ohma, an independent fighter who battles in underground tournaments where rich elites place huge wagers on the outcomes of matches. Nicknamed "Ashura" due to his unstoppable fighting style, Tokita soon attracts the attention of unscrupulous businessmen and his fellow fighters alike.
The Kengan Ashura TV anime will broadcast in Japan in 2019.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.