Adaptation of Yousuke Kaneda's romantic comedy manga hits Japanese TV in October of 2018
The main staff and a new key visual (above) have been revealed for Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet ("Boarding School Juliet"), an upcoming TV anime based on the romantic comedy manga by Yousuke Kaneda about a pair of star-crossed lovers at a prestigious academy that try to keep their relationship a secret from their classmates. The main staff includes:
- Original work: Yousuke Kaneda (serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine)
- Director: Seiki Takuno
- Assistant director: Fumiaki Usui
- Series composition, screenplay: Takao Yoshioka
- Character design: Yuuki Morimoto
- Art setting: Tomoyuki Aoki, Yukie Inose
- Art director: Yukihiro Saito
- Color design: Hironori Nochi
- Director of photography: Hitoshi Tamura
- Editor: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Sound effects: Eiko Morikawa
- Music: Masaru Yokoyama
- Animation production: Liden Films
- Production: Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet Production Committee
An English language version of Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet (released under the title Boarding School Juliet) is also available from Kodansha Comics, who describe the story as follows:
At Dahlia Academy, a prestigious boarding school attended by students of two feuding countries—the eastern Nation of Touwa, and the Principality of West—Romio Inuzuka, leader of the dorms’ Touwa first-years, wishes for a romance that can never be. For his ladylove is none other than his arch-enemy, Juliet Persia, leader of the dorms’ West first-years! Is Inuzuka ready to risk it all to confess his feelings? And even if Persia somehow agrees to go out with them, how long can they keep a forbidden relationship under wraps?!
The Kishuku Gakkou Juliet TV anime will begin broadcasting in Japan in October of 2018.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.