Adaptation based on parody spin-off of Nobuyuki Fukumoto's gambling manga "Kaiji" hits Nippon TV on July 03, 2018
The main staff and the opening theme performers have been revealed for Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa ("The Chronicles of Middle Manager Tonegawa"), an upcoming TV anime based on the spin-off parody manga that re-imagines the villains of Kaiji, a high stakes gambling manga by Nobuyuki Fukumoto, as the heroes of an office comedy. The main staff includes:
- Director: Keiichiro Kawaguchi
- Series composition: Mitsutaka Hirota
- Character design, chief animation director: Haruhito Takada
- Color design: Harue Ono
- Editor: Mariko Tsukatsune
- Sound director: Kisuke Koizumi
- Sound production: HALF H・P STUDIO
- Opening theme: "Sassō to hashiru Tonegawa-kun" ("Dashing and Running Tonegawa-kun") by Gesu no Kiwami Otome
- Music: Takahiro Yamada
- Animation production: MADHOUSE
Additionally, the narration for Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa will be provided by actor Jay Kabira.
Based on original characters by Nobuyuki Fukomoto, the original Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa manga is written by Tensei Hagiwara, illustrated by Tomoihiro Hashimoto and Tomoki Miyoshi, and serialized in Kodansha's Gekkan Young Magazine. The series follows Yukio Tonegawa, a mid-level manager who is driven to distraction by the cruel whims of his boss and the foolishness of his subordinates.
Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa will broadcast as part of Nippon TV's "AnichU" programming block on Wednesdays during the 25:59 time slot (actually on Thursday morning at 1:59 AM JST) beginning on July 03, 2018. The series is scheduled to run for 2 cours.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.