Adaptation based on novel by Shiwon Miura ("The Great Passage") hits NTV in October of 2018
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru (known in English as "Feel the Wind"), a 2006 novel by Shiwon Miura (The Great Passage) about young men who compete in the Hakone Ekiden footrace, is being adapted into a TV anime that will broadcast on Nippon TV and other stations beginning in October of 2018. The main staff and cast have been revealed for the series, including:
- Original work: Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru by Shiwon Miura (published by Shinchosa under their Shincho Bunko imprint)
- Director: Kazuya Nomura
- Series composition, screenplay: Kōhei Kiyasu
- Character design: Takahiro Chiba
- Animation production: Production I.G
- Production cooperation: Shinchosa
The main cast of Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru includes Takeo Ohtsuka as Kakeru Kurahara, a freshman university student, and Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Haiji Kiyose, a college senior who invites Kakeru to participate in the Hakone Ekiden, a two-day long relay race which runs from Tokyo to Hakone. An official website and Twitter feed (@kazetsuyo_anime) have also been published for the series.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.