New key visual, cast additions, and broadcast schedule revealed for latest adaptation based on Keisuke Itagaki's manga
A new key visual (above), a brutal new trailer (below), new cast announcements, and the Japanese broadcast schedule have all been revealed for Baki, an upcoming TV anime based on the martial arts manga by Keisuke Itagaki about a young man struggling to prove himself the strongest in an underground fighting competition.
The new cast members revealed include:
Mugihito as Mitsunari Tokugawa.
Yoshihisa Kawahara as Katsumi Orochi.
And Sora Amamiya as Kozue Matsumoto.
Additionally, Tōru Furuya will provide narration for the series.
Baki is directed by Toshiki Hirano and features animation by TMS Entertainment. The series will run for 26 episodes, and it adapts the "Most Evil Death Row Convicts" arc from the 2nd Baki the Grappler manga series. The series will begin steaming on Netflix in Japan on June 25, 2018, and it will also be broadcast according to the following TV schedule:
- Tokyo MX: every Sunday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on July 01, 2018.
- Sun TV: every Sunday during the 25:00 time slot beginning on July 01, 2018.
- TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting: every Monday during the 27:00 time slot beginning on July 02, 2018.
- TV Aichi: every Tuesday during the 26:05 time slot beginning on July 03, 2018.
- KBS Kyoto: every Tuesday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on July 03, 2018.
- Hokkaido Television Broadcasting: every Saturday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on July 07, 2018.
(Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 24:30 time slot on Sunday night is actually on Monday morning at 12:30 AM JST.)
Official Baki Twitter feed (@baki_anime)
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.