Japanese TV schedule revealed for latest installment in TV anime adaptation of dark fantasy light novel series
The release of the third season of Overlord, an ongoing TV anime adaptation based on the series of dark fantasy light novels written by Kugane Maruyama and illustrated by so-bin about an ordinary man who takes on the mantle of a supremely powerful undead sorcerer when he becomes trapped in a world similar to his favorite MMORPG, is just around the corner, and now a dramatic new key visual (above) and the Japanese broadcast schedule have been revealed.
Overlord III will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- AT-X: every Tuesday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on July 10, 2018.
- Tokyo MX: every Tuesday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on July 10, 2018.
- MBS (Mainichi Broadcasting System): every Tuesday during the 26:30 time slot beginning on July 10, 2018.
- TV Aichi: every Thursday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on July 12, 2018.
- BS11: every Wednesday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on July 11, 2018.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:30 time slot on Tuesday night is actually at 2:30 AM JST on Wednesday morning.
The original Overlord novels are published in Japan by Enterbrain (a division of Kadokawa), and an English language version of the series is also available from Yen Press. The Overlord TV anime is directed by Naoyuki Itō and features animation by MADHOUSE. Crunchyroll and Funimation currently stream the first two seasons of the Overlord TV anime, and describe the story as follows:
When a popular MMORPG is scheduled to be shut down permanently, veteran player Momonga refuses to log out. As NPCs begin to develop personalities and minds of their own he decides to put his skills to use as the game’s new overlord.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.