"Welcome to Japari Park" will stream exclusively on TV Tokyo's "animetele" service
The storyline for the original Kemono Friends smart phone game, which was published from 2015 - 2016 by Nexon, is being adapted into a mini-anime that will stream exclusively on TV Tokyo's "animetele" service beginning on August 12, 2018. The mini-anime is entitled "Youkoso Japari Park" ("Welcome to Japari Park"), and it tells the story of how Mirai becomes a park guide and enlists the help of various Friends to fend off a major crisis prior to Japari Park's opening.
The staff for "Youkoso Japari Park" includes:
- Original work: Kemono Friends Project
- Concept design: Mine Yoshizaki
- Series composition, script: Ryuutarou Kanamochi
- Game scenario production: Frontier Creator's Project
- Scenario producer: Makio Kurita
- Sound director: Nobuyuki Abe
- Music: Akiyuki Tateyama, Kyouhei Matsuno
- Producer: Nobuyuki Hosoya, Hitoshi Kajii, Eiji Katou
- Casting: Masato Ikezawa
- Director, screenplay, animation, photography, editing: Haruki Kasugamori
- Planning: Kemono Friends Project
- Cooperation: Nexon
The cast for "Youkoso Japari Park" includes:
- Lucky Beast: Aya Uchida
- Mirai: Aya Uchida
- Serval: Ai Nonaka
- Cerval: ???
- Narration: Yuka Ozaki
The first and second episodes of "Youkoso Japari Park" will both be published on August 12, 2018. Viewing the series requires a subscription to the "animetele" service, which costs 700 yen ($6.21 US) plus tax per month.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.