Platinum Vision provides animation for adaptation based on the shonen manga by Amyū
Traditional Japanese koto music meets some rather untraditional characters in Kono Oto Tomare! ("Stop This Sound!"), an upcoming TV anime adaptation based on the shonen manga by Amyū about a failing high school koto music club that is revitalized by the addition of a delinquent girl to its roster. The staff for the anime adaptation includes:
- Original work: Amyū (published in Shueisha's Jump Square manga magazine)
- Series director: Ryōma Mizuno
- Series composition, script: Ayumu Hisao
- Character design: Junko Yamanaka
- Assistant character design: Toshimitsu Kobayashi
- Chief animation director: Junko Yamanaka, Toshimitsu Kobayashi
- Adviser: Hideaki Ôba
- Animation production: Platinum Vision
The story of Kono Oto Tomare! is set at Tokize High School, where the music club dedicated to the koto (a traditional 13 stringed instrument) is on the verge of dissolution from a lack of members. All of this changes one fateful afternoon when a delinquent girl (who turns out to be a brilliant koto player) barges into the nearly abandoned club room and demands to join the club.
Volume 18 of the original Kono Oto Tomare! manga hits Japanese book stores on August 04, 2018. The release date for the Kono Oto Tomare! TV anime has not yet been revealed.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.