New key visual, cast announcements, and Japanese TV schedule revealed for upcoming fantasy light novel adaptation
A new key visual (above), new cast members, and the Japanese broadcast schedule have all been revealed for Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi ("Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemy Knights"), an upcoming TV anime based on the historical fantasy light novel series written by Mikage Kasuga and illustrated by Tomari Meron that puts a magical spin on the life of Joan of Arc in France during the Hundred Years' War in 15th century France.
The new cast members announced include:
Yūki Kuwahara as Batard.
Junji Majima as Alençon.
Hidenori Takahasi as Xaintrailles.
Other cast members announced include:
- Hiroshi Ito as Nicolas Flamel.
- Satoshi Hino as Henry the Fifth.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Official Bedford.
- Atsushi Abe as La Tremoille.
- Atsushi Ono as John the Fearless.
- Hiroaki Hirata as Glasdale.
- Tesshō Genda as Red-bearded Jean.
- Miyu Tomita as Catherine.
- Takehito Koyasu as Enlil.
- Ayaka Suwa as Thomas.
- And Unshō Ishizuka as the Narrator.
The story of Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi follows Montmorency, the son of a French nobleman who studies to be an alchemist knight at an academy in Paris. However, after the Battle of Agincourt and the fall of Paris, the school for alchemist knights is closed and Montmorency loses everything. While on the run, Montmorency encounters a mysterious village girl named Jeanne.
Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi is directed by Shin Itagaki and features animation production by AXsiZ. The series will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- Tokyo MX: every Sunday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on October 07, 2018.
- Sun TV: every Sunday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on October 07, 2018.
- BS Fuji: every Monday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on October 08, 2018.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Tim