Main cast and staff revealed for original TV anime focusing on members of high school soft tennis club
A key visual (above), a teaser video (below), the main cast, and the main staff have been revealed for Hoshiai no Sora, an upcoming original TV anime about a pair of high school boys who become doubles tennis partners in the waning days of their school's soft tennis club. The main staff for Hoshiai no Sora includes:
- Director, series composition, screenplay: Kazuki Akane (The Vision of Escaflowne)
- Original characters: Itsuka
- Character design, animation director: Yuichi Takahashi
- Storyboard: Miki Takeshita
- Art director: Shiori Shiwa
- Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Flying Dog
- Animation production: 8-bit (Encouragement of Climb)
Hoshiai no Sora features the voices of Natsuki Hanae as Maki Katsuragi and Tasuku Hatanaka as Toma Shinjo. Described as a "life-sized story of youth", Hoshiai no Sora explores the thoughts and feelings of the two main characters as they grow and bond through the sport of tennis.
Hoshiai no Sora will broadcast in Japan on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System) and other stations in 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.