Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy in Oh! My Goddess) joins as the narrator
Aniplex has announced that the upcoming TV anime adaptation of matoba's comedy manga Beelzebub-jyou no Oki ni Mesumama./As Miss Beelzebub Likes It. is set to premiere on ABC TV and Abema TV (streaming) on October 10, 2018, then on TOKYO MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, BS11, and TV Aichi three days later. It will be also available through other streaming platforms in Japan from October 15.
The anime's main PV introducing its character voices and the narrator voice by Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy in Oh! My Goddess) is now available on the anime official Twitter.
The title of the anime's OP song performed by Japanese creator unit Sangatsu no Phantasia featuring
vocalist Mia is announced as "Pink Lemonade." The lyrics of the song is written by Kanon Wakeshima, who
also works on the anime's soundtrack music. As the unit's 6th single, "Pink Lemonade" is set to be released
on November 21, 2018.
In addition, a new promotional poster and standees featuring Beelzebub and Mullin wearing apron will be
displayed at the Animate stores across Japan from September 10.
The manga has been serialized in Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan since 2015 and currently
seven tankobon volumes are available in Japan. Its English edition has been published by Yen Press
under the title As Miss Beelzebub Likes (removing "it" from the original title). The publisher introduces
its story as below:
Beelzebub--the formidable right hand of Satan--commands fear and respect throughout Pandemonium.
What her underlings don't realize, though, is that she's an airhead with a love for all that is fluffy and
adorable! The only thing she might enjoy more is teasing her new attendant, Mullin, who is learning
that serving Beelzebub is both heaven and hell...
TV anime main staff:
- Director: Minato Kazuto (Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor)
- Series Composition/Screenplays: Yoriko Tomita (Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Kiratto PriChan)
- Anime Character Designer: Etsuko Sumimoto (Yurikuma Arashi, Tsurezure Children)
- Music: Kanon Wakeshima, Naoki "naotyu-" Chiba
- Sound Director: Tetsu Motoyama
- Anime Production: Liden Films (Killing Bites, LOSt SONG)
Main voice cast:
- Beelzebub: Saori Onishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend)
- Mullin: Rikuya Yasuda (Taishi Manza in Cute High Earth Defense Club HAPPY KISS!)
- Azazel: Satoshi Hino (Ainz Ooal Gown in Overlord)
- Belphegor: Misaki Kuno (Momo Kawamoto in March Comes in Like a Lion)
- Astaroth: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online)
- Sargatanas: Ai Kakuma (Nonko Arahabaki in Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs)
- Eurynome: Chinatsu Akasaki (Hajime Owari in Dagashi Kashi)
- Dantalion: Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Molech: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)
- Narrator: Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy in Oh My Goddess)
2nd key visual
1st key visual
Source: Aniplex press release
©matoba/SQUARE ENIX, "BeelMama." Production Committee