New visual, main staff, and main cast revealed for upcoming anime theatrical film based on fantasy light novel series
A new key visual (above), the Japanese release date, the main cast, and the main staff have all been revealed for Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie (known as Gekijoban Youjo Senki in Japan), an upcoming theatrical anime film based on the series of "alternate history" light novels written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki about a Japanese salaryman who is reincarnated as a magic-wielding child soldier in a parallel world.
The main staff for Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie includes:
- Original work: Carlo Zen
- Original character design: Shinobu Shinotsuki
- Director: Yutaka Uemura
- Character design, chief animation director: Yuuji Hosogoe
- Screenplay: Kenta Ihara
- Assistant director: Kana Harufuji
- Costume design: Hiromi Taniguchi
- Magic tool design: Ryouma Ebata, Fuminori Tsukida
- Small arms design: Hiyori Denforword Akishinio, Nao Otsu
- Effects director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Art director: Mizuka Ueda
- Color design: Chiho Nakamura
- Director of photography: Shinji Tonsho
- 3DCGI director: Masato Takahashi
- Editor: Yumi Jinguji
- Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Music: Shuji Katayama
- Animation production: NUT
- Distribution: Kadokawa Animation
- Production: Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie Production Committee
The main cast for Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie includes:
- Aoi Yūki as Tanya von Degurechaff.
- Saori Hayami as Visha.
- Shinichiro Miki as Rerugen.
- Tesshō Genda as Rudersdorf.
- Hōchū Ōtsuka as Zettour.
- Nobuo Tobita as Schugel.
- Daiki Hamano as Weiss.
- Jun Kasama as Koenig.
- Daichi Hayashi as Neuman.
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Grantz.
- Takaya Hashi as de Lugo.
- Ryōkan Koyanagi as Bientôt.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Mary.
- And Binbin Takaoka as Drake.
The original Saga of Tanya the Evil light novels are published in Japan by Enterbrain, and an English language version is also being published by Yen Press. The 2017 Saga of Tanya the Evil TV anime is currently available via streaming on Crunchyroll, who describe the story as follows:
It is June of the year CE 1923. A young girl with blond hair and blue eyes, Tanya Degurechaff, has entered the final curriculum of the Imperial Military Academy and is training at the third patrol line in the northern military district, the Norden Theater, as part of her service to the force. Her training, the first step toward a brilliant career as an aviation mage, should have gone off without a hitch... but things took an unexpected turn.
Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie hits theaters in Japan on February 08, 2019.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.