Main staff announced for original special effects monster drama series
Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club (TTFC), a subscription service that grants fans access to a massive streaming library of Toei tokusatsu titles such as Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, has announced the production of an original monster SFX drama entitled Series Kaiju-ku GYARAS ("Series Monster Ward GYARAS").
The announcement was made at the "Toei Tokusatsu Fan Thanksgiving 2018" event, which was held on October 27, 2018. Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club has previously produced one-shot SFX dramas, but this announcement marks the first time the service has produced a full-length original series.
The main staff has been revealed for Series Kaiju-ku GYARAS, including:
- Director: Ryotaro Ogushi (Tokusatsu Research Institute)
- Script: Kaori Kaneko
- Supervisor: Hiroshi Butsuda (Tokusatsu Research Institute)
- Kaiju design: Hideki Tajima (Ishimori Productions)
- Kaiju modeling: Tomo Hyakutake
- Sound design: Hidetsuna Kuwabara
- Line producer: Kazutaka Sekiya (Tokusatsu Research Institute)
- On-site producer: Kōhei Yamamoto (from TTFC's "Shinobi Michi")
- Producer: Hideki Tsukada, Tsuyoshi Nakano
- Production: Toei
- Development production: Tokusatsu Research Institute
- Distribution: Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club
The cast for Series Kaiju-ku GYARAS will be revealed in late November of 2018, and the series is scheduled to begin delivery in early Spring of 2019.
Source: Anime! Anime!
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.