Follow the everyday goofs of the 501st unit in Spring of 2019
Strike Witches spin-off gag manga Strike Witches 501 Butai Hasshin-shimasu! ("Strike Witches 501st Unit, Taking Off!") is being adapted into an anime for a Spring 2019 debut, and a new teaser visual is here via the official website.
The site also revealed plans to hold the World Witches event Mindeki! 2019 on March 30, 2019. In addition to a preliminary screening of the first episode and voice cast member appearances, the event will feature cast members from 2021's Luminous Witches anime along with a debut performance of that series' theme song.
Strike Witches 501 Butai Hasshin-shimasu! focuses on the humorous, everyday adventures of the 501st Unit (such as cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry) during their downtime between missions to combat the Νέυροι. Staff members include:
- Original work: Fumikane Shimada and Projekt Kagonish
- Manga: Makoto Fujibayashi
- Director: Fumio Ito
- Character design: Kiyoshi Akui
- Series literature: Shinya Murakami
- Music: Seikô Nagaoka
- Music production: Nippon Columbia
- Sound director: Tomohiro Yoshita
- Sound production: Glovision
- Producer: Takashi Tachizaki
- Animation production: acca effe, Giga Production
- Animation production cooperation: Production I.G, Anime Beans
The cast for Strike Witches 501 Butai Hasshin-shimasu! includes:
- Misato Fukuen as Yoshikiya Miyafuji.
- Saori Seto as Mio Sakamoto.
- Kaori Nazuka as Lynette Bishop.
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Perrine H. Clostermann.
- Rie Tanaka as Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke.
- Mie Sonozaki as Gertrud Barkhorn.
- Sakura Nogawa as Erica Hartmann.
- Chiwa Saitō as Francesca Lucchini.
- Ami Koshimizu as Charlotte E. Yeager.
- Mai Kadowaki as Sanya V. Litvyak.
- And Ayuru Ōhashi as Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen.
Via Comic Natalie