Main staff and lead cast member revealed for upcoming adaptation based on tactical simulation RPG smart phone game
For Whom the Alchemist Exists (known in Japan as Tagatame no Alchemist, or "Tagatame" for short), a tactical simulation RPG smart phone game published by Fuji&gumi Games, is being adapted into a theatrical anime film that will hit Japanese cinemas in June of 2019, and now the main staff and a key cast member have been revealed.
The staff for the For Whom the Alchemist Exists movie includes:
- Original work: Jun Imaizumi / Fuji&gumi Games
- Chief director: Shōji Kawamori
- Director: Masanori Takahashi
- Screenplay: Toshizo Nemoto
- Character design: Chikashi Kadekaru
- Animation director: Kento Toya, Tamako Miyanishi, Kanji Nagasaka, Shinobu Ookuchi, Keitaro Fukuda, Ayu Tanaka, Osamu Horiuchi, Yoshinori Ueno, Naho Kozono, Ryo Haga
- Art director: Yōko Komiya, Manami Koyama
- Art settings: Niam Vincent, Loic Locatelli, Jerome Perillat
- Color design: Yuki Akimoto
- Special effects: Yusuke Nagara
- CG Director: Jou Harada
- Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound production: MAGIC CAPSULE
- Music: AkiyoshiYasuda(★STARGUiTAR
- Music production: FlyingDog
- Animation production: Satelight
- Production: Fuji&gumi Games
- Distribution: Asmik Ace
Additionally, voice actress Inori Minase will play Kasumi, an anime original character and the lead heroine of the film. Kasumi is an ordinary high school girl who finds herself summoned to the magical land of Babel.
The original Tagatame no Alchemist game is published for Android and iOS smart phones. The story is set in Babel, a magical continent situated beneath the looming Tower of Babel, and it follows the exploits of seven heroes from seven nations as they explore a world sealed by the "Forbidden Art" of alchemy.
Source: Anime! Anime!
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.