Popular series by Etsushi Ogawa was previously adapted into an anime in 1997 - 1998
Fans of culinary manga are in for a tasty treat, because Etsushi Ogawa's popular gourmet manga, Shin Chūka Ichiban! ("The True Best Cuisine in China!", also known as Cooking Master Boy), is once again being adapted into a TV anime. The main staff for Shin Chūka Ichiban! has been revealed, including:
- Original work: Shin Chūka Ichiban! by Etsushi Ogawa (serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine)
- Director, series composition: Itsuro Kawasaki
- Character design: Saki Hasegawa
- Animation production cooperation: Production I.G
- Animation production: NAS
Chūka Ichiban! was previously adapted into a 52 episode TV anime with direction by Masami Anno and animation production by Nippon Animation. This series broadcast on Fuji TV from 1997 - 1998.
The story of Chūka Ichiban! follows Mao, a young man who journeys across 19th century China in an effort to perfect his culinary skills and to inherit the title of Master Chef from his late mother. The release date for the new Shin Chūka Ichiban! TV anime has not yet been revealed.
Official Shin Chūka Ichiban! TV anime Twitter feed (@shin_chuichi)
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.