"GENJI FANTASY: The cat fell in love with Hikaru Genji" opens in April at museum in Uji City, Kyoto Prefecture
The Tale of Genji Museum in Uji City, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan is putting a modern, animated twist on The Tale of Genji - a classic work of Japanese literature by Murasaki Shikibu that is considered to be one of the world's first novels - with an original anime entitled GENJI FANTASY: The cat fell in love with Hikaru Genji which will screen at the museum beginning in April of 2019.
The main staff and cast for GENJI FANTASY: The cat fell in love with Hikaru Genji includes:
- Director: Rika Ohta
- Character design: Haruka Sagawa
- Animation producer: Kazuya Sakamoto
- Animation production: Liden Films Kyoto Studio
- Production: NHK Planet Co., Ltd., Kinki Branch
- Planning, production: Uji City
- Tomoaki Maeno as Hikaru Genji / Kouji.
- M・A・O as Hana.
- Kikuko Inoue as Murasaki Shikibu.
- Hisako Tojo as Empress Shōshi.
- And Keiji Fujiwara as Fujiwara no Michinaga.
GENJI FANTASY: The cat fell in love with Hikaru Genji is a historical fantasy work that explores the daily life of Murasaki Shikibu and the creation of The Tale of Genji during the Heian Period from the perspective of Hana, an ordinary high school girl who travels back in time. It will begin screening at The Tale of Genji Museum on April 02, 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.